The 2.6 series release notes contain important changes in this release series.
- HIGH Release assets from a public repository could be accessed by unauthenticated users in private mode. (updated 2016-05-27)
- Packages have been updated to the latest security versions.
- The custom messages Markdown editor in the Admin Center included buttons for non-applicable functionality.
- Custom messages within the Admin Center were not disabled when SAML authentication was used, even though they had no effect since the SAML server is responsible for displaying the relevant messages to users.
- CAS logout failed when the CAS server URL includes a path.
- Using a deploy key to fetch Git LFS assets prompted for password authentication.
- The "explore" and "trending" pages included a "Sign in" button when you're already signed in.
- We didn't display errors when updating a pre-receive hook failed.
- Admins couldn't manage Gist comments in the site admin.
- The pre-receive hook permissions text described the wrong scope.
- The GitHub Enterprise version wasn't displayed when hovering over the Octocat icon in the footer.
- Background jobs in the
languages queue weren't run. This caused repository language statistics to be inaccurate.
- We incorrectly redirect to the dashboard if you accessed GitHub Enterprise using an alias while in private mode. This might happen if you set a fully qualified domain name but the subdomain resolves correctly.
- Images uploaded to issues save with an absolute URL, so they can be broken if the hostname changes.
- On a freshly set up GitHub Enterprise without any users, an attacker could create the first admin user.
- Custom firewall rules aren't maintained during an upgrade.
- Enqueued background jobs are sometimes not purged when a repository is deleted.
- On instances upgraded from 2.3 and earlier, restoring a protected branch archived whilst running 2.3, will not restore all the settings correctly. This does not affect new instances or protected branches archived on later releases.
- Editing custom messages in the Admin Center doesn't provide emoji suggestions.
- Native emoji are lost when saving custom messages in the Admin Center.
- Repository push logs don't record whether a push was forced.
svn checkout may timeout while the repository data cache is being built. In most cases, subsequent
svn checkout attempts will succeed. (updated 2016-05-24)
- Git LFS tracked files uploaded through the web interface are incorrectly added directly to the repository. (updated 2016-05-24)
- Migration data exported from GitHub Enterprise with
ghe-migrator does not include issue file attachments, which may cause imports to another server to fail. (updated 2016-06-09)
- GitHub Enterprise clustering can not be configured without https. (updated 2016-08-01)
- Console text is difficult to read on OpenStack KVM. (updated 2016-08-03)
- The initial import of the VMware OVA image may fail when deployed via vCenter Server 6.0 or 6.5. The import will succeed when performed directly on an ESXi host. (updated 2017-02-23)
- Git LFS objects may take up to an hour to replicate in a High Availability configuration. (updated 2017-02-23)
The GitHub Team