- How many seats do I need and who needs seats?
- Seats must be purchased for each individual in your organization
that will have a GitHub Enterprise user account. This includes developers,
project managers, designers, and other collaborators.
- Which payment methods are accepted?
- Invoices may be paid online by credit card, or arranged by bank wire transfer or check.
- How are upgrade orders processed?
- All upgrade orders you make midyear are prorated to be in step with your original license.
- How is GitHub Enterprise licensed?
- GitHub Enterprise is licensed under a subscription model. Seats
are purchased for a one-year period which includes full support and access
to all updates and upgrades.
- How do I add more seats to my current license?
- All upgrades are handled in your favor. We charge only for the difference in
price between the number of seats you currently have and the number of seats you
want to end up with. The cost of the new seats will be prorated for time remaining
in your current license period, so your renewal dates for new seats will always
coincide with your existing seats. You can initiate an upgrade order by clicking on the
Buy More Seats button, or just contact us
- Are licenses available for less than 20 seats?
- No. Licenses must be purchased in 20 seat packs. We recommend
GitHub.com for smaller installations.
- We are a large company (1,000+ users). Do you have licensing options for us?
- Yes. Contact us to speak to a sales representative
about large installations.
- Do you offer academic discounts?
- Yes. We offer a 25% discount on standard Enterprise installations.
We also offer an unlimited campus-wide student license that would cover students, faculty, and anyone
working directly with students in an educational capacity. Contact our sales team for more information.
- Does the license include access to the source code?
- No. Licenses cover the use of the software only. Modification and
redistribution are not permitted.
- Do you have an End User License Agreement that I can review prior to making a purchase?
- Yes. The purchase and use of GitHub Enterprise is governed by the GitHub Enterprise License and Support Agreement. If you have any questions concerning this agreement, please contact us.