The 2.0 series release notes contain important changes in this release series.
- Ubuntu packages have been updated to the latest bugfix/security versions.
- Updating a license in the management console was not reflected in the GitHub application under some circumstances.
We didn't require SAML responses to be signed. We enforce that now.
- Creating the OpenVPN connection can fail, causing replication set up with
ghe-repl-setup to hang.
Replica promotion can hang when running
- Git replication can be slow and CPU intense during initial push of large or complex repositories.
- The management console settings interface doesn't clearly show if you have previously uploaded certificate files or a private key.
- Jobs stuck on code indexing can delay other jobs from running.
- Dashboard activity feed links point to wrong hostname after restoring from backup if the hostname has changed.
ghe-org-owner-promote command line utility is currently broken.
- In some circumstances, after an upgrade we prompt you to upload a license, even though there's already a valid license.
- On a freshly set up GitHub Enterprise without any users, an attacker could create the first admin user.
- Switching to a different authentication method doesn't expire existing sessions.
- Events in the
github_audit log stream are being logged twice.
- Gists can't be created when using Safari 8.x in Private Mode.
- SNMP can't be run on high availability replicas.
- We display the time in the scheduled maintenance banner in UTC instead of the viewer's timezone. (updated 2015-06-18)
- Images uploaded to issues save with an absolute URL, so they can be broken if the hostname changes. (updated 2015-07-14)
- With private mode enabled, a Pages site with no default page serves a generic error rather than an informative message. (updated 2015-07-14)
- We didn't include the fix to sign SAML authentication responses in this release.
- Replica promotion hanging when running
ghe-repl-promote was fixed in 2.0.2.
- The OpenSSL 1.0.1-4ubuntu5.21 update was upgraded to a HIGH security fix due to the publication of Freak Attack.