The 2.1 series release notes contain important changes in this release series.
- Kernel and packages have been updated to the latest security versions.
- Management console sessions can expire too quickly for Safari users.
- Promoting a high availability replica can fail if Elasticsearch takes too long to restart.
- A high availability replica that's been promoted to primary and then set up as a replica again doesn't properly show the replica status page, but shows 'Starting...' instead.
- Some processes continued to write to logs after they were rotated. This could cause the root file system to fill up.
- Gist profile pages don't have proper styling when subdomain isolation disabled.
- SNMP can't be run on high availability replicas.
- Custom firewall rules aren't maintained during an upgrade.
- Deleting a user doesn't delete their gists, which can cause problems with replication.
- In our instructions to merge a pull request on the command line, we show the steps to merge using the Git protocol even when private mode is on. Private mode forces authentication but the Git protocol is unauthenticated so the steps will always fail. We also don't show the steps to merge using SSH.
- Accessing GitHub Enterprise using a hostname alias with private mode enabled as an unauthenticated user will redirect you to the dashboard instead of the page you were trying to visit after you log in.
- We display the time in the scheduled maintenance banner in UTC instead of the viewer's timezone.
- Users with LDAP DNs longer than 255 characters are suspended if LDAP Sync is enabled.
- Images uploaded to issues save with an absolute URL, so they can be broken if the hostname changes.
- With private mode enabled, a Pages site with no default page serves a generic error rather than an informative message.
- Updates to Wiki pages by users without a primary email address set throw errors.
- Trying to add a file to a repository with Subversion 1.9 clients incorrectly detects the file already exists and fails. (updated 2016-01-14)
The GitHub Team