The 2.1 series release notes contain important changes in this release series.
- Static network configuration had to be reapplied after upgrading from 2.1.0 to 2.1.1. We now properly maintain these settings during an upgrade.
- Creating the OpenVPN connection can fail, causing replication set up with
ghe-repl-setup to hang.
Replica promotion can hang when running
- Git replication can be slow and CPU intense during initial push of large or complex repositories.
- The management console settings interface doesn't clearly show if you have previously uploaded certificate files or a private key.
- Jobs stuck on code indexing can delay other jobs from running.
- Dashboard activity feed links point to wrong hostname after restoring from backup if the hostname has changed.
ghe-org-owner-promote command line utility is currently broken.
- In some circumstances, after an upgrade we prompt you to upload a license, even though there's already a valid license.
- On a freshly set up GitHub Enterprise without any users, an attacker could create the first admin user.
- Switching to a different authentication method doesn't expire existing sessions.
- Events in the
github_audit log stream are being logged twice.
- Replication needs to be reconfigured after upgrading a replica with
- Gists can't be created when using Safari 8.x in Private Mode.
- SNMP can't be run on high availability replicas.
- Updating a license in the management console is not reflected in the GitHub application under some circumstances. (updated 2015-02-02)
- Enabling LDAP Sync for emails can cause background jobs to be continuously queued, which in turn can affect performance. We recommend disabling email sync in this version. (updated 2015-02-25)
- Viewing a PSD or STL file with more than one revision results in an error being thrown. (updated 2015-02-27)
- Individual application logs are not reliably forwarded. (updated 2015-04-20)
- When using Chrome 42 or newer, wiki pages can't be edited, images can't be uploaded via drag and drop, and autocomplete menus and repository graphs may not display. (updated 2015-05-06)
- Avatars, release downloads, and image attachments to wikis and issues are not copied correctly by high availability replication. (updated 2015-05-20)
- We show your gravatar or identicon on Gists instead of your custom profile picture. (updated 2015-06-15)
- Repositories with a leading dot in their name fail to replicate if they were created before replication was set up. (updated 2015-06-16)
- We display the time in the scheduled maintenance banner in UTC instead of the viewer's timezone. (updated 2015-06-18)
- Users with LDAP DNs longer than 255 characters are suspended if LDAP Sync is enabled. (updated 2015-06-19)
- Images uploaded to issues save with an absolute URL, so they can be broken if the hostname changes. (updated 2015-07-14)
- With private mode enabled, a Pages site with no default page serves a generic error rather than an informative message. (updated 2015-07-14)
- Updates to Wiki pages by users without a primary email address set throw errors. (updated 2015-08-25)
- With LDAP authentication enabled, entering the wrong password can cause a timeout for some users. (updated 2015-09-02)
- Trying to add a file to a repository with Subversion 1.9 clients incorrectly detects the file already exists and fails. (updated 2016-01-14)
- Replica promotion hanging when running
ghe-repl-promote was fixed in 2.0.2.
The GitHub Team