The 2.1 series release notes contain important changes in this release series.
- Ubuntu packages have been updated to the latest bugfix/security versions.
- Enabling LDAP Sync for emails could cause background jobs to be continuously queued, which in turn could affect performance.
- Viewing a PSD or STL file with more than one revision results in an error being thrown.
- The GitHub application server could fail to start, because under some circumstances there could be a stale zero-downtime restart flag file.
- Scheduled maintenance mode didn't activate, so GitHub Enterprise was still available when it shouldn't have been.
- Saving settings in the management console with invalid LDAP connection settings caused an error. We fail with an appropriate message now.
- Promoting a high availability replica failed if the primary wasn't accessible.
- MySQL replication could fail on really, really busy instances.
- With SSL disabled, regenerating the self-signed certificate enabled SSL. This would happen if you use the IP address as the hostname and change the IP address of the VM.
- The admin SSH user didn't have proper access to
- There was an unused Redis stats bubble in the site admin toolbar, which looked like a warning. We've taken out the bubble.
- Chrome Canary didn't show the number of open pull requests when you viewed a repository.
ghe-upgrade command produced the following harmless error:
line 205: /dev/null/: Is a directory.
- MEDIUM: There was an XSS vulnerability in wikis.
- Creating the OpenVPN connection can fail, causing replication set up with
ghe-repl-setup to hang.
- Git replication can be slow and CPU intense during initial push of large or complex repositories.
- The management console settings interface doesn't clearly show if you have previously uploaded certificate files or a private key.
- Jobs stuck on code indexing can delay other jobs from running.
- Dashboard activity feed links point to wrong hostname after restoring from backup if the hostname has changed.
- In some circumstances, after an upgrade we prompt you to upload a license, even though there's already a valid license.
- On a freshly set up GitHub Enterprise without any users, an attacker could create the first admin user.
- Events in the
github_audit log stream are being logged twice.
- Gists can't be created when using Safari 8.x in Private Mode.
- SNMP can't be run on high availability replicas.
- Gist profile pages don't have proper styling when subdomain isolation disabled.
- After initial set up, an instance with static networking configured that has not been rebooted can try to get a DHCP lease.
- Management console sessions can expire too quickly for Safari users.
- We can fail to properly create the key for the secure connection between a high availability replica and the primary, which causes replication setup to fail.
- Custom firewall rules aren't maintained during an upgrade.
- A high availability replica that's been promoted to primary and then set up as a replica again doesn't properly show the replica status page, but shows "Starting..." instead.
- Individual application logs are not reliably forwarded. (updated 2015-04-20)
- When using Chrome 42 or newer, wiki pages can't be edited, images can't be uploaded via drag and drop, and autocomplete menus and repository graphs may not display. (updated 2015-05-06)
- Avatars, release downloads, and image attachments to wikis and issues are not copied correctly by high availability replication. (updated 2015-05-20)
- We show your gravatar or identicon on Gists instead of your custom profile picture. (updated 2015-06-15)
- Repositories with a leading dot in their name fail to replicate if they were created before replication was set up. (updated 2015-06-16)
- We display the time in the scheduled maintenance banner in UTC instead of the viewer's timezone. (updated 2015-06-18)
- Users with LDAP DNs longer than 255 characters are suspended if LDAP Sync is enabled. (updated 2015-06-19)
- Images uploaded to issues save with an absolute URL, so they can be broken if the hostname changes. (updated 2015-07-14)
- With private mode enabled, a Pages site with no default page serves a generic error rather than an informative message. (updated 2015-07-14)
- Updates to Wiki pages by users without a primary email address set throw errors. (updated 2015-08-25)
- With LDAP authentication enabled, entering the wrong password can cause a timeout for some users. (updated 2015-09-02)
- Trying to add a file to a repository with Subversion 1.9 clients incorrectly detects the file already exists and fails. (updated 2016-01-14)