The 2.1 series release notes contain important changes in this release series.
- The endpoint for marking notifications as read was behind authentication, which caused unneeded traffic and meant that read notifications weren't correctly archived.
- Ubuntu kernel has been updated to include security fixes.
- Promoting a high availability replica can fail if Elasticsearch takes too long to restart.
- SNMP can't be run on high availability replicas.
- Custom firewall rules aren't maintained during an upgrade.
- Management console sessions can expire too quickly for Safari users.
- We can fail to properly create the key for the secure connection between a high availability replica and the primary, which causes replication setup to fail.
- A high availability replica that's been promoted to primary and then set up as a replica again doesn't properly show the replica status page, but shows "Starting..." instead.
- Gist profile pages don't have proper styling when subdomain isolation disabled.
- Some processes continued to write to logs after they were rotated. This could cause the root file system to fill up.
- Deleting a user doesn't delete their gists, which can cause problems with replication.
- In our instructions to merge a pull request on the command line, we show the steps to merge using the Git protocol even when private mode is on. Private mode forces authentication but the Git protocol is unauthenticated so the steps will always fail. We also don't show the steps to merge using SSH.
- Accessing GitHub Enterprise using a hostname alias with private mode enabled as an unauthenticated user will redirect you to the dashboard instead of the page you were trying to visit after you log in.
- Individual application logs are not reliably forwarded. (updated 2015-04-20)
- Avatars, release downloads, and image attachments to wikis and issues are not copied correctly by high availability replication. (updated 2015-06-13)
- We show your gravatar or identicon on Gists instead of your custom profile picture. (updated 2015-06-15)
- Repositories with a leading dot in their name fail to replicate if they were created before replication was set up. (updated 2015-06-16)
- We display the time in the scheduled maintenance banner in UTC instead of the viewer's timezone. (updated 2015-06-18)
- Users with LDAP DNs longer than 255 characters are suspended if LDAP Sync is enabled. (updated 2015-06-19)
- Images uploaded to issues save with an absolute URL, so they can be broken if the hostname changes. (updated 2015-07-14)
- With private mode enabled, a Pages site with no default page serves a generic error rather than an informative message. (updated 2015-07-14)
- Updates to Wiki pages by users without a primary email address set throw errors. (updated 2015-08-25)
- Trying to add a file to a repository with Subversion 1.9 clients incorrectly detects the file already exists and fails. (updated 2016-01-14)
The GitHub Team