With the new features added in GitHub Enterprise 2.10.0, you can:
Early Access Program
Be a part of the Early Access Program:
- Request access to hotpatching for reduced downtime when you’re upgrading patch releases.
- If your team is geographically-distributed, request access to geo-replication for better performance in high availability environments.
- Packages have been updated to their latest security versions.
- Users could fail to fork a repository if a conflicting fork was restored.
- Adding a user as a collaborator via the API incorrectly sent an invitation without adding the user.
- Users associated with a large number of repositories were unable to view their organization pages.
- Image wiki tag failed to render images.
- Migrations failed when the branch name contained an invalid unicode character.
- Unauthenticated users visiting a public repository's fork were incorrectly redirected to a
404 Not Found page instead of the login page.
- After the parent repository has been deleted, the Git LFS objects from the forks were inaccessible.
- Deleting a repository containing files in LFS could cause the 'File storage' within the Site Admin to show a temporary 500 error.
- After a user or organization renaming, search results incorrectly displayed the previous name.
- The hypervisor console welcome screen may have incorrectly displayed
sed: couldn't flush stdout: Broken pipe.
- Repository and Gist synchronization could stall after restarting high availability replication.
- Archived repositories were not restorable from
/status endpoint on a high availability replica incorrectly returned
200 OK instead of
503 Service Unavailable.
- Issues and pull requests were inaccessible if a high availability replica was rebooted before it was promoted.
- Graphs in the Management Console displayed the sum instead of an average value. As a result, graphs had incorrectly displayed an increasing metric over time.
- Pre-receive hooks may have failed with
mount: can't find ... error messages.
ghe-upgrade.log contained harmless
/proc/... No such file or directory messages.
- Gists were not rendering Jupyter notebook files. (updated 2017-06-14)
- The default root partition has increased to 200GB.
- New REST API resources have been added.
- New webhook events have been added.
ghe-* scripts require an
Enter keydown after the
- GPG keys with duplicate subkeys will be added using the most recent subkey.
- Replication will not always start after upgrading a replica, but will instead assume the pre-upgrade state (stopped or started) in order to prevent issues with multiple replicas starting concurrently when using the Early access program for geo distributed replicas. We recommend that you stop replication with
ghe-repl-stop and start replication with
ghe-repl-start after the replica upgrade is complete.
- GitHub Enterprise clustering environments require an additional TCP port to be opened for LFS communication.
- GitHub Flavored Markdown, which is now compliant with CommonMark, is used to render repository markdown (e.g.
.md) files. (updated 2017-06-11)
Upcoming deprecation of GitHub Enterprise 2.7
GitHub Enterprise 2.7 will be deprecated as of August 3, 2017. That means that no patch releases will be made, even for critical security issues, after this date. For better performance, improved security, and new features, upgrade to the newest version of GitHub Enterprise as soon as possible.
- We incorrectly redirect to the dashboard if you accessed GitHub Enterprise using an alias while in private mode. This might happen if you set a fully qualified domain name but the subdomain resolves correctly.
- Images uploaded to issues save with an absolute URL, so they can be broken if the hostname changes.
- On a freshly set up GitHub Enterprise without any users, an attacker could create the first admin user.
- Custom firewall rules aren't maintained during an upgrade.
- Enqueued background jobs are sometimes not purged when a repository is deleted.
svn checkout may timeout while the repository data cache is being built. In most cases, subsequent
svn checkout attempts will succeed.
- Git LFS tracked files uploaded through the web interface are incorrectly added directly to the repository.
- GitHub Enterprise clustering can not be configured without https.
- Deleting a search index doesn't delete all associated metadata, which are then incorrectly reused if a new search index is created. This causes search index repair jobs to be reported as finished in the site admin when they were not.
- On an appliance configured to use LDAP with SSL or StartTLS, users could fail to authenticate from the web interface or Git client with a 500 error. The failure occurs when the LDAP host uses a certificate that isn't signed by a trusted certificate authority (CA) or is invalid. (updated 2017-06-05)
render service logs aren't rotated which may cause the root disk to fill up. (updated 2017-06-08) .
- Webhook requests incorrectly ignore local search domains when resolving hosts, which can result in "Couldn't resolve host name" errors. (updated 2017-07-10)
- collectd metric paths can be truncated, which causes multiple write attempts to the same file for different metrics. (updated 2017-07-10)
- Background jobs are added to the "toggle_hidden_user_in_notifications" queue, but these jobs aren't processed on GitHub Enterprise. The entries are harmless but will show in
ghe-resque-info output and in management console graphs. (updated 2017-07-13)
ghe-migrator, protected branch settings are always migrating with push restrictions enabled. (updated 2017-08-01)
- After changing the visibility of a repository, wiki search results have a conflicting number of displayed search results. Administrators can reindex the wiki through the site admin dashboard. (updated 2017-11-09)
- The create team API endpoint returns a 500 error if LDAP Sync is enabled and the team already exists. (updated 2018-01-09)
The GitHub Team