The 2.10 series release notes contain important changes in this release series.
Packages have been updated to their latest security versions.
- On an appliance configured to use LDAP with SSL or StartTLS, users could have failed to authenticate from the web interface or Git client with a 500 error. The failure occurred when the LDAP host uses a certificate that isn't signed by a trusted certificate authority (CA) or is invalid.
render service logs weren't rotated which may cause the root disk to fill up.
- On a
404 page with an appliance configured to use public mode and SAML, the "Sign in" button was illegible.
/explore could have been slow due to querying each repositories language.
- Requesting reviewers could have been slow when there are many users in the appliance.
edited events could have incorrect
contributions_backfill background jobs were enqueued on every additional push to a repository, even if it contained no commits from users of the appliance.
- We incorrectly redirect to the dashboard if you accessed GitHub Enterprise using an alias while in private mode. This might happen if you set a fully qualified domain name but the subdomain resolves correctly.
- Images uploaded to issues save with an absolute URL, so they can be broken if the hostname changes.
- On a freshly set up GitHub Enterprise without any users, an attacker could create the first admin user.
- Custom firewall rules aren't maintained during an upgrade.
- Enqueued background jobs are sometimes not purged when a repository is deleted.
svn checkout may timeout while the repository data cache is being built. In most cases, subsequent
svn checkout attempts will succeed.
- Git LFS tracked files uploaded through the web interface are incorrectly added directly to the repository.
- GitHub Enterprise clustering can not be configured without https.
- Deleting a search index doesn't delete all associated metadata, which are then incorrectly reused if a new search index is created. This causes search index repair jobs to be reported as finished in the site admin when they were not.
- Webhook requests incorrectly ignore local search domains when resolving hosts, which can result in "Couldn't resolve host name" errors. (updated 2017-07-10)
- collectd metric paths can be truncated, which causes multiple write attempts to the same file for different metrics. (updated 2017-07-10)
- Background jobs are added to the "toggle_hidden_user_in_notifications" queue, but these jobs aren't processed on GitHub Enterprise. The entries are harmless but will show in
ghe-resque-info output and in management console graphs. (updated 2017-07-13)
ghe-migrator, protected branch settings are always migrating with push restrictions enabled. (updated 2017-08-01)
- After changing the visibility of a repository, wiki search results have a conflicting number of displayed search results. Administrators can reindex the wiki through the site admin dashboard. (updated 2017-11-09)
- The create team API endpoint returns a 500 error if LDAP Sync is enabled and the team already exists. (updated 2018-01-09)
- Pull request reviewer usernames were not updated if a reviewer was mapped to a different username when migrating repositories using
ghe-migrator. (updated 2018-04-12)
The GitHub Team