The 2.10 series release notes contain important changes in this release series.
- Packages have been updated to the latest security versions.
- Users could accept an organization invitation incorrectly sent to an unverified email address.
- Chrome attempted to automatically fill the SMTP and SNMP password fields with the password for the management console.
- Git repair jobs repeatedly tried to access unavailable objects, causing high CPU usage.
- Suspended users were suggested as pull request reviewers.
- Migration archives excluded users who created a protected branch and were subsequently removed from the organization.
- To restrict actions on raw content, including preventing popups, preventing the execution of plugins and scripts, and enforcing a same-origin policy, our content security policy (CSP) header for raw URLs now includes the sandbox attribute.
- We incorrectly redirect to the dashboard if you accessed GitHub Enterprise using an alias while in private mode. This might happen if you set a fully qualified domain name but the subdomain resolves correctly.
- Images uploaded to issues save with an absolute URL, so they can be broken if the hostname changes.
- On a freshly set up GitHub Enterprise without any users, an attacker could create the first admin user.
- Custom firewall rules aren't maintained during an upgrade.
svn checkout may timeout while the repository data cache is being built. In most cases, subsequent
svn checkout attempts will succeed.
- Git LFS tracked files uploaded through the web interface are incorrectly added directly to the repository.
- GitHub Enterprise clustering can not be configured without https.
- Deleting a search index doesn't delete all associated metadata, which are then incorrectly reused if a new search index is created. This causes search index repair jobs to be reported as finished in the site admin when they were not.
- After changing the visibility of a repository, wiki search results have a conflicting number of displayed search results. Administrators can reindex the wiki through the site admin dashboard. (updated 2017-12-19)
- The create team API endpoint returns a 500 error if LDAP Sync is enabled and the team already exists. (updated 2018-01-09)
- Pull request reviewer usernames were not updated if a reviewer was mapped to a different username when migrating repositories using
ghe-migrator. (updated 2018-04-12)
The GitHub Team