The 2.10 series release notes contain important changes in this release series.
- Packages have been updated to the latest security versions.
- Memory budgets computed for services were under-allocated leading to severe performance issues.
- LFS operations could fail with a slow LDAP server. The internal API timeout for LFS operations has been increased.
Fixes from 2.10.7 that was withdrawn due to a memory budget computation bug
- Elasticsearch could exceed recommended heap size. The memory budget is capped at a maximum of 32 GB.
- The repository owner was not displayed when configuring a pre-receive hook.
- Querying the Teams API with an invalid ID failed with a '500 Internal Server Error'.
- Outside collaborators were not added to a repository if mapped to a suspended user during the migration of a repository using
- We incorrectly redirect to the dashboard if you accessed GitHub Enterprise using an alias while in private mode. This might happen if you set a fully qualified domain name but the subdomain resolves correctly.
- Images uploaded to issues save with an absolute URL, so they can be broken if the hostname changes.
- On a freshly set up GitHub Enterprise without any users, an attacker could create the first admin user.
- Custom firewall rules aren't maintained during an upgrade.
svn checkout may timeout while the repository data cache is being built. In most cases, subsequent
svn checkout attempts will succeed.
- Git LFS tracked files uploaded with through the web interface are incorrectly added directly to the repository.
- GitHub Enterprise clustering can not be configured without https.
- Deleting a search index doesn't delete all associated metadata, which are then incorrectly reused if a new search index is created. This causes search index repair jobs to be reported as finished in the site admin when they were not.
- After changing the visibility of a repository, wiki search results have a conflicting number of displayed search results. Administrators can reindex the wiki through the site admin dashboard. (updated 2017-11-09)
- The create team API endpoint returns a 500 error if LDAP Sync is enabled and the team already exists. (updated 2018-01-09)
- Pull request reviewer usernames were not updated if a reviewer was mapped to a different username when migrating repositories using
ghe-migrator. (updated 2018-04-12)
The GitHub Team