The 2.11 series release notes contain important changes in this release series.
- Packages have been updated to the latest security versions.
- An appliance could not be successfully deployed on Google Cloud Platform without allocating a public IP address.
- When creating a custom pre-receive hook environment, the operation would fail if the specified URL requested redirection.
- Upgrades with a package from an earlier release were not prevented.
- Some services would fail to restart after applying a hotpatch.
documentation_url field in some GraphQL API v4 responses referred to the REST API v3 documentation rather than the GraphQL API v4 documentation.
- Archived gists were not restored in cluster environments.
- The Get repository contents API endpoint incorrectly returned a
403 Forbidden response for some Git LFS-tracked files.
- Milestones retrieved using the REST API were not sorted as documented by default.
- "You signed out in another tab or window. Reload to refresh your session" message was being shown to some Firefox users.
- Pull Request would not merge if it touches file(s) the author owns requiring reviews from code owners.
- Entries recorded in the resqued.log file weren't included when forwarding logs to an external server. Customers monitoring the github_resque tag will need to switch to github_resqued instead.
- Added the ability to add multiple repositories to an export at once using a text file that lists the repository URLs.
- We incorrectly redirect to the dashboard if you accessed GitHub Enterprise using an alias while in private mode. This might happen if you set a fully qualified domain name but the subdomain resolves correctly.
- Images uploaded to issues save with an absolute URL, so they can be broken if the hostname changes.
- On a freshly set up GitHub Enterprise without any users, an attacker could create the first admin user.
- Custom firewall rules aren't maintained during an upgrade.
svn checkout may timeout while the repository data cache is being built. In most cases, subsequent
svn checkout attempts will succeed.
- Git LFS tracked files uploaded through the web interface are incorrectly added directly to the repository.
- GitHub Enterprise clustering can not be configured without https.
- Deleting a search index doesn't delete all associated metadata, which are then incorrectly reused if a new search index is created. This causes search index repair jobs to be reported as finished in the site admin when they were not.
- Pull request review comments migrated with
ghe-migrator are displayed in the wrong order.
- The pull request review request has users reversed, after migration with
- The comment count in the "Conversation" tab of a pull request migrated with
ghe-migrator can be wrong.
gpgverify service may consume large amounts of CPU time even when not processing requests. (updated 2018-02-14)
- Pages builds fail when TLS is disabled. (updated 2018-04-03)
- Pull request reviewer usernames were not updated if a reviewer was mapped to a different username when migrating repositories using
ghe-migrator. (updated 2018-04-12)
- Nameid-format matching on SAML response is too strict when value is "unspecified", which can cause an error with the "Another user already owns the account." message if the IdP changes
NameID. (updated 2018-06-25)
The GitHub Team