The 2.11 series release notes contain important changes in this release series.
- LOW: It was identified internally that the existence of private repositories could be determined due to the differing error messages of some REST API endpoints. These error messages have been updated to be consistent regardless of a user’s authorization to the repository. No information except for the existence of a private repository would have been exposed due to this issue.
- Upgrades to later feature releases were blocked if the new patch release number is lower than the current one.
- Wiki footer options were not shown for read-only users.
- We incorrectly redirect to the dashboard if you accessed GitHub Enterprise using an alias while in private mode. This might happen if you set a fully qualified domain name but the subdomain resolves correctly.
- Images uploaded to issues save with an absolute URL, so they can be broken if the hostname changes.
- On a freshly set up GitHub Enterprise without any users, an attacker could create the first admin user.
- Custom firewall rules aren't maintained during an upgrade.
svn checkout may timeout while the repository data cache is being built. In most cases, subsequent
svn checkout attempts will succeed.
- Git LFS tracked files uploaded through the web interface are incorrectly added directly to the repository.
- GitHub Enterprise clustering can not be configured without https.
- Deleting a search index doesn't delete all associated metadata, which are then incorrectly reused if a new search index is created. This causes search index repair jobs to be reported as finished in the site admin when they were not.
- Pull request review comments migrated with
ghe-migrator are displayed in the wrong order.
- The pull request review request has users reversed, after migration with
- The comment count in the "Conversation" tab of a pull request migrated with
ghe-migrator can be wrong.
gpgverify service may consume large amounts of CPU time even when not processing requests.
- Pages builds fail when TLS is disabled. (updated 2018-04-03)
- Pull request reviewer usernames were not updated if a reviewer was mapped to a different username when migrating repositories using
ghe-migrator. (updated 2018-04-12)
- Nameid-format matching on SAML response is too strict when value is "unspecified", which can cause an error with the "Another user already owns the account." message if the IdP changes
NameID. (updated 2018-06-25)
The GitHub Team