The 2.11 series release notes contain important changes in this release series.
- LOW: Changed how certain types of exceptions are handled to prevent sensitive user data from being written to log files.
- Duplicate object identifier (OID) entries were returned for the mounted partitions.
- Users may be unable to sign in to GitHub Enterprise via a private GitHub Pages site if subdomain isolation is enabled.
- Reviewers of a pull request were not correctly mapped when migrating repositories using
ghe-migrator failed when the user was not a member of the organization at the time of export.
- Pages builds failed when TLS is disabled.
- Disabled redundant UDP listener in memcached.
- The appliance's UUID has been added to the replication overview page.
- Updated ESX image guest identifier to other26xLinux64Guest, which allows provisioning 65-128 virtual CPU cores on VMWare.
- The footer has been updated to display current version of GitHub Enterprise.
- We incorrectly redirect to the dashboard if you accessed GitHub Enterprise using an alias while in private mode. This might happen if you set a fully qualified domain name but the subdomain resolves correctly.
- Images uploaded to issues save with an absolute URL, so they can be broken if the hostname changes.
- On a freshly set up GitHub Enterprise without any users, an attacker could create the first admin user.
- Custom firewall rules aren't maintained during an upgrade.
svn checkout may timeout while the repository data cache is being built. In most cases, subsequent
svn checkout attempts will succeed.
- Git LFS tracked files uploaded through the web interface are incorrectly added directly to the repository.
- GitHub Enterprise clustering can not be configured without https.
- Deleting a search index doesn't delete all associated metadata, which are then incorrectly reused if a new search index is created. This causes search index repair jobs to be reported as finished in the site admin when they were not.
- Pull request review comments migrated with
ghe-migrator are displayed in the wrong order.
- The pull request review request has users reversed, after migration with
- The comment count in the "Conversation" tab of a pull request migrated with
ghe-migrator can be wrong.
gpgverify service may consume large amounts of CPU time even when not processing requests.
- Nameid-format matching on SAML response is too strict when value is "unspecified", which can cause an error with the "Another user already owns the account." message if the IdP changes
NameID. (updated 2018-06-25)
The GitHub Team