The 2.11 series release notes contain important changes in this release series.
- Packages have been updated to the latest security versions.
- The "Files Changed" view failed to display all changes when the difference contained a type change and the difference was too large.
- We incorrectly redirect to the dashboard if you accessed GitHub Enterprise using an alias while in private mode. This might happen if you set a fully qualified domain name but the subdomain resolves correctly.
- Images uploaded to issues save with an absolute URL, so they can be broken if the hostname changes.
- On a freshly set up GitHub Enterprise without any users, an attacker could create the first admin user.
- Custom firewall rules aren't maintained during an upgrade.
svn checkout may timeout while the repository data cache is being built. In most cases, subsequent
svn checkout attempts will succeed.
- Git LFS tracked files uploaded through the web interface are incorrectly added directly to the repository.
GitHub Enterprise clustering can not be configured without https.
- Pull request review comments migrated with
ghe-migrator are displayed in the wrong order.
- The pull request review request has users reversed, after migration with
- The comment count in the "Conversation" tab of a pull request migrated with
ghe-migrator can be wrong.
gpgverify service may consume large amounts of CPU time even when not processing requests.
- Failing to delete associated metadata when deleting a search index was resolved in 2.11.12. (updated 2018-08-06)
- HTTPS is now a requirement of GitHub Enterprise clustering. (updated 2018-08-13)
The GitHub Team