The 2.11 series release notes contain important changes in this release series.
- Packages have been updated to the latest security versions.
- Redundant routes were created for archived gists when restoring to a cluster environment. This prevented archived gists from being unarchived.
- When a commit comment is left on a file with non-ascii characters in the path, the pull request page could return 503.
connect timeout has been increased to allow up to four retries during a cluster restore.
Upcoming deprecation of GitHub Enterprise 2.11
GitHub Enterprise 2.11 will be deprecated as of September 13, 2018. That means that no patch releases will be made, even for critical security issues, after this date. For better performance, improved security, and new features, upgrade to the newest version of GitHub Enterprise as soon as possible.
- We incorrectly redirect to the dashboard if you accessed GitHub Enterprise using an alias while in private mode. This might happen if you set a fully qualified domain name but the subdomain resolves correctly.
- Images uploaded to issues save with an absolute URL, so they can be broken if the hostname changes.
- On a freshly set up GitHub Enterprise without any users, an attacker could create the first admin user.
- Custom firewall rules aren't maintained during an upgrade.
svn checkout may timeout while the repository data cache is being built. In most cases, subsequent
svn checkout attempts will succeed.
- Git LFS tracked files uploaded through the web interface are incorrectly added directly to the repository.
- Pull request review comments migrated with
ghe-migrator are displayed in the wrong order.
- The pull request review request has users reversed, after migration with
- The comment count in the "Conversation" tab of a pull request migrated with
ghe-migrator can be wrong.
gpgverify service may consume large amounts of CPU time even when not processing requests.
The GitHub Team