The 2.11 series release notes contain important changes in this release series.
- LOW: The TLS cipher list did not include ciphers that offer forward secrecy for legacy browsers.
- Packages have been updated to the latest security versions.
- The Management Console password could not be reset using
ghe-set-password when the appliance is in recovery mode.
ghe-diagnostics could output
Connection refused line items when Redis, Memcached, or Elasticsearch services aren't running.
- A pre-receive hook audit log search returned no results.
- SSH metrics were missing from the Management Console authentication graphs.
- Background job errors could cause Redis to consume large amounts of memory.
- The mobile view of the pull request dashboard displayed "No issues to show" instead of "No pull requests to show".
- The site admin cache indicator always displayed the memcached service as being active.
- For a user or organization named
apps, the profile page at
/apps showed an integrations landing page and repository pages at
/apps/<repository> resulting in a
404 Not Found response due to a conflict with an internal URL. (updated 2017-11-08)
- We incorrectly redirect to the dashboard if you accessed GitHub Enterprise using an alias while in private mode. This might happen if you set a fully qualified domain name but the subdomain resolves correctly.
- Images uploaded to issues save with an absolute URL, so they can be broken if the hostname changes.
- On a freshly set up GitHub Enterprise without any users, an attacker could create the first admin user.
- Custom firewall rules aren't maintained during an upgrade.
svn checkout may timeout while the repository data cache is being built. In most cases, subsequent
svn checkout attempts will succeed.
- Git LFS tracked files uploaded through the web interface are incorrectly added directly to the repository.
- GitHub Enterprise clustering can not be configured without https.
- Deleting a search index doesn't delete all associated metadata, which are then incorrectly reused if a new search index is created. This causes search index repair jobs to be reported as finished in the site admin when they were not.
- Changing the parent of a nested team can result in the nested team not receiving updated inherited permissions.
- After changing the visibility of a repository, wiki search results have a conflicting number of displayed search results. Administrators can reindex the wiki through the site admin dashboard. (updated 2017-11-09)
- After changing HTTP proxy configuration in the Management Console, webhooks do not use the settings unless
hookshot-resqued is restarted manually via SSH by running:
sudo systemctl restart hookshot-resqued. (updated 2017-12-19)
- The merge button could get stuck in the "Checking for ability to merge" state. (updated 2017-12-20)
- Rebuilding a search index—including during an upgrade to this version—could cause many exceptions to be logged to
/var/log/github/exceptions.log. The fast growth of this log file could cause the root disk to fill up. (updated 2017-12-20)
- Pull request review comments migrated with
ghe-migrator are displayed in the wrong order. (updated 2017-12-20)
- The pull request review request has users reversed, after migration with
ghe-migrator. (updated 2017-12-20)
- The comment count in the "Conversation" tab of a pull request migrated with
ghe-migrator can be wrong. (updated 2017-12-20)
- The create team API endpoint returns a 500 error if LDAP Sync is enabled and the team already exists. (updated 2018-01-09)
gpgverify service may consume large amounts of CPU time even when not processing requests. (updated 2018-02-14)
- Pull request reviewer usernames were not updated if a reviewer was mapped to a different username when migrating repositories using
ghe-migrator. (updated 2018-04-12)
- Nameid-format matching on SAML response is too strict when value is "unspecified", which can cause an error with the "Another user already owns the account." message if the IdP changes
NameID. (updated 2018-06-25)
The GitHub Team