The 2.11 series release notes contain important changes in this release series.
- Packages have been updated to the latest security versions.
- The followers and following count incorrectly considered suspended accounts.
- After changing the visibility of a repository, wiki search results have a conflicting number of displayed search results. Administrators can reindex the wiki through the site admin dashboard.
resqued processes accumulated and caused out-of-memory (OOM) issues.
CODEOWNERS failed with CRLF line endings.
- Nested teams could not be migrated with
- Pre-receive hook's
enforcement could not be updated with the API.
- Repository changes and creation could timeout when an organization contains many teams and members.
- When restoring a deleted repository via the site admin dashboard, an error message could be shown even though the restore worked.
- The compare view could display the incorrect additions or deletions status.
- Updates to a pull request through the API could incorrectly modify
false when the field was not a part of the request.
- We incorrectly redirect to the dashboard if you accessed GitHub Enterprise using an alias while in private mode. This might happen if you set a fully qualified domain name but the subdomain resolves correctly.
- Images uploaded to issues save with an absolute URL, so they can be broken if the hostname changes.
- On a freshly set up GitHub Enterprise without any users, an attacker could create the first admin user.
- Custom firewall rules aren't maintained during an upgrade.
svn checkout may timeout while the repository data cache is being built. In most cases, subsequent
svn checkout attempts will succeed.
- Git LFS tracked files uploaded through the web interface are incorrectly added directly to the repository.
- GitHub Enterprise clustering can not be configured without https.
- Deleting a search index doesn't delete all associated metadata, which are then incorrectly reused if a new search index is created. This causes search index repair jobs to be reported as finished in the site admin when they were not.
- Changing the parent of a nested team can result in the nested team not receiving updated inherited permissions.
- After changing HTTP proxy configuration in the Management Console, webhooks do not use the settings unless
hookshot-resqued is restarted manually via SSH by running:
sudo systemctl restart hookshot-resqued. (updated 2017-12-20)
- Pull request review comments migrated with
ghe-migrator are displayed in the wrong order. (updated 2017-12-20)
- The pull request review request has users reversed, after migration with
ghe-migrator. (updated 2017-12-20)
- The comment count in the "Conversation" tab of a pull request migrated with
ghe-migrator can be wrong. (updated 2017-12-20)
- NUMA enabled appliances can crash with a kernel panic. This is a known issue with
linux-image-3.16.51-2 and the workaround is to add the
numa=off parameter to the kernel command line in
/boot/grub/grub.cfg. Please contact GitHub Enterprise Support if you have questions. (updated 2017-12-28)
- The create team API endpoint returns a 500 error if LDAP Sync is enabled and the team already exists. (updated 2018-01-09)
gpgverify service may consume large amounts of CPU time even when not processing requests. (updated 2018-02-14)
- Pull request reviewer usernames were not updated if a reviewer was mapped to a different username when migrating repositories using
ghe-migrator. (updated 2018-04-12)
- Nameid-format matching on SAML response is too strict when value is "unspecified", which can cause an error with the "Another user already owns the account." message if the IdP changes
NameID. (updated 2018-06-25)
The GitHub Team