- Packages have been updated to the latest security versions.
- Users could accept an organization invitation incorrectly sent to an unverified email address.
ghe-es-search-repair script refused to run in a single instance environment.
- The OpenVPN log was not created if it did not already exist.
- The audit log rotation schedule was unintentionally set to weekly instead of daily.
- Archived repositories were not restored correctly in cluster environments.
- The Management Console was not correctly reloaded after a hotpatch is applied.
- Chrome attempted to automatically fill the SMTP and SNMP password fields with the password for the management console.
- Migration archives excluded users who created a protected branch and were subsequently removed from the organization.
- Git repair jobs repeatedly tried to access unavailable objects, causing high CPU usage.
- Searching for users or email addresses in the site admin tools did not return results for incomplete and fuzzy matches.
- The merge button got stuck in the "Checking for ability to merge" state.
ghe-cluster-status returned invalid JSON when nodes were unavailable.
- Projects were incorrectly editable when the repositories was locked for migration.
- Users were unable to add collaborators to a personal project when the actor followed a large number of users.
- Pages failed to publish when the publishing source was configured as a path to a submodule.
- The followers and following count incorrectly considered suspended accounts.
- The squash and merge option was not resizing the text area to the height of the commit message.
- To restrict actions on raw content, including preventing popups, preventing the execution of plugins and scripts, and enforcing a same-origin policy, our content security policy (CSP) header for raw URLs now includes the sandbox attribute.
babeld.log includes an
api_time key for internal timings on verifying authentication.
codeload.log include a
api_ms attribute for internal timings.
gitauth.log has been updated to add the
git-lfs-authenticate actions and include the
GitHubMetadata GraphQL API object has been added.
- The meta RESTAPI endpoint has been updated to include
installed_version for the GitHub Enterprise version.
- Webhooks payloads have been updated to include two headers,
- The git signing API is no longer behind a preview header.
- Outside collaborators will be counted in the team member count view in the site admin dashboard.
- The number of cards awaiting triage has been added to the project section of the site admin dashboard.
ghe-nwo command-line utility can identify the repository owner from a repository id.
ghe-version command-line utility returns the current GitHub Enterprise version number.
- Topic descriptions will render GitHub Flavored Markdown.
- Project notes character limit has been increased to 1024 from from 250.
- Project, webhook APIs
updated_at fields have been updated to use a consistent and standard
YYYY-MM-DDTHH:MM:SSZ ISO 8601 format.
- GPG verification for commits are parallelized for faster performance.
Backups and Disaster Recovery
GitHub Enterprise 2.12 requires at least GitHub Enterprise Backup Utilities 2.11.2 for Backups and Disaster Recovery.
Upcoming deprecation of Internet Explorer 11 support
Support for Internet Explorer 11 will be deprecated on September 13, 2018. There will be no changes in site functionality, but a warning banner will be displayed to Internet Explorer 11 users.
Upcoming deprecation of VMware ESX 5.5 support
Support for VMware ESX 5.5 will be deprecated on September 19, 2018.
Upcoming deprecation of GitHub Enterprise 2.9
GitHub Enterprise 2.9 will be deprecated as of March 1, 2018. That means that no patch releases will be made, even for critical security issues, after this date. For better performance, improved security, and new features, upgrade to the newest version of GitHub Enterprise as soon as possible.
- We incorrectly redirect to the dashboard if you accessed GitHub Enterprise using an alias while in private mode. This might happen if you set a fully qualified domain name but the subdomain resolves correctly.
- Images uploaded to issues save with an absolute URL, so they can be broken if the hostname changes.
- On a freshly set up GitHub Enterprise without any users, an attacker could create the first admin user.
- Custom firewall rules aren't maintained during an upgrade.
- svn checkout may timeout while the repository data cache is being built. In most cases, subsequent svn checkout attempts will succeed.
- Git LFS tracked files uploaded through the web interface are incorrectly added directly to the repository.
- GitHub Enterprise clustering can not be configured without https.
- Deleting a search index doesn't delete all associated metadata, which are then incorrectly reused if a new search index is created. This causes search index repair jobs to be reported as finished in the site admin when they were not.
- Changing the parent of a nested team can result in the nested team not receiving updated inherited permissions.
- After changing the visibility of a repository, wiki search results have a conflicting number of displayed search results. Administrators can reindex the wiki through the site admin dashboard. (updated 2017-12-19)
- GitHub Apps silently fail to be created when the name contains an underscore.
- Authentication graph is incorrectly empty because
auth.result.* metrics are missing and not forwarded to external collectd servers.
- Changes to legal hold state of a repository does not trigger an audit log event.
- After changing HTTP proxy configuration in the Management Console, webhooks do not use the settings unless
hookshot-resqued is restarted manually via SSH by running:
sudo systemctl restart hookshot-resqued. (updated 2017-12-19)
- Pull request review comments migrated with
ghe-migrator are displayed in the wrong order. (updated 2017-12-27)
- The pull request review request has users reversed, after migration with
ghe-migrator. (updated 2017-12-27)
- The comment count in the "Conversation" tab of a pull request migrated with
ghe-migrator can be wrong. (updated 2017-12-27)
- The create team API endpoint returns a 500 error if LDAP Sync is enabled and the team already exists. (updated 2018-01-09)
ghe-repl-status command-line utility incorrectly shows
TypeError: no implicit conversion of Symbol into Integer when there are repositories or gists with bad replica counts. (updated 2018-01-10)
- Reviewers and the "Review requested" status disappear on pull requests migrated with
ghe-migrator. (updated 2018-01-12)
- Large API requests may trigger excessive logging in the exceptions log. (updated 2018-01-31)
gpgverify service may consume large amounts of CPU time even when not processing requests. (updated 2018-02-14)
- Pull request reviewer usernames were not updated if a reviewer was mapped to a different username when migrating repositories using
ghe-migrator. (updated 2018-04-12)
The GitHub Team