The 2.12 series release notes contain important changes in this release series.
- Packages have been updated to the latest security versions.
- After changing the visibility of a repository, wiki search results have a conflicting number of displayed search results. Administrators can reindex the wiki through the site admin dashboard.
- Authentication graphs in the management console were incorrectly empty and
auth.result.* metrics weren't forwarded to external collectd servers.
resqued processes accumulated and caused out-of-memory (OOM) issues.
CODEOWNERS failed with CRLF line endings.
- Nested teams could not be migrated with
- Pre-receive hook's
enforcement could not be updated with the API.
- GitHub Apps incorrectly linked to a "Report abuse" reference.
- Repository changes and creation could timeout when an organization contains many teams and members.
- When restoring a deleted repository via the site admin dashboard, an error message could be shown even though the restore worked.
- The compare view could display the incorrect additions or deletions status.
- Updates to a pull request through the API could incorrectly modify
false when the field was not a part of the request.
/var/log/github/production.log has been updated to include more metadata for
- We incorrectly redirect to the dashboard if you accessed GitHub Enterprise using an alias while in private mode. This might happen if you set a fully qualified domain name but the subdomain resolves correctly.
- Images uploaded to issues save with an absolute URL, so they can be broken if the hostname changes.
- On a freshly set up GitHub Enterprise without any users, an attacker could create the first admin user.
- Custom firewall rules aren't maintained during an upgrade.
- svn checkout may timeout while the repository data cache is being built. In most cases, subsequent svn checkout attempts will succeed.
- Git LFS tracked files uploaded through the web interface are incorrectly added directly to the repository.
GitHub Enterprise clustering can not be configured without https.
- Deleting a search index doesn't delete all associated metadata, which are then incorrectly reused if a new search index is created. This causes search index repair jobs to be reported as finished in the site admin when they were not.
- Changing the parent of a nested team can result in the nested team not receiving updated inherited permissions.
- GitHub Apps silently fail to be created when the name contains an underscore.
- Changes to legal hold state of a repository does not trigger an audit log event.
- After changing HTTP proxy configuration in the Management Console, webhooks do not use the settings unless
hookshot-resqued is restarted manually via SSH by running:
sudo systemctl restart hookshot-resqued. (updated 2017-12-20)
- Pull request review comments migrated with
ghe-migrator are displayed in the wrong order. (updated 2017-12-27)
- The pull request review request has users reversed, after migration with
ghe-migrator. (updated 2017-12-27)
- The comment count in the "Conversation" tab of a pull request migrated with
ghe-migrator can be wrong. (updated 2017-12-27)
- NUMA enabled appliances can crash with a kernel panic. This is a known issue with
linux-image-3.16.51-2 and the workaround is to add the
numa=off parameter to the kernel command line in
/boot/grub/grub.cfg. Please contact GitHub Enterprise Support if you have questions. (updated 2017-12-28)
- The create team API endpoint returns a 500 error if LDAP Sync is enabled and the team already exists. (updated 2018-01-09)
ghe-repl-status command-line utility incorrectly shows
TypeError: no implicit conversion of Symbol into Integer when there are repositories or gists with bad replica counts. (updated 2018-01-10)
- Reviewers and the "Review requested" status disappear on pull requests migrated with
ghe-migrator. (updated 2018-01-12)
- Background job logging to
/var/log/github/production.log may consume large amounts of disk space. The fast growth of this log file could cause the root disk to fill up. (updated 2018-01-16)
- Large API requests may trigger excessive logging in the exceptions log. (updated 2018-01-31)
gpgverify service may consume large amounts of CPU time even when not processing requests. (updated 2018-02-14)
- Pull request reviewer usernames were not updated if a reviewer was mapped to a different username when migrating repositories using
ghe-migrator. (updated 2018-04-12)
- On a repository that's been locked for migration using
ghe-migrator, project boards are not exported. (updated 2018-05-07)
- Nameid-format matching on SAML response is too strict when value is "unspecified", which can cause an error with the "Another user already owns the account." message if the IdP changes
NameID. (updated 2018-06-25)
- HTTPS is now a requirement of GitHub Enterprise clustering. (updated 2018-08-13)
The GitHub Team