The 2.12 series release notes contain important changes in this release series.
- Packages have been updated to the latest security versions.
- After changing the visibility of a repository, wiki search results have a conflicting number of displayed search results. Administrators can reindex the wiki through the site admin dashboard.
- Authentication graphs in the management console were incorrectly empty and
auth.result.* metrics weren't forwarded to external collectd servers.
resqued processes accumulated and caused out-of-memory (OOM) issues.
CODEOWNERS failed with CRLF line endings.
- Nested teams could not be migrated with
- Pre-receive hook's
enforcement could not be updated with the API.
- GitHub Apps incorrectly linked to a "Report abuse" reference.
- Repository changes and creation could timeout when an organization contains many teams and members.
- When restoring a deleted repository via the site admin dashboard, an error message could be shown even though the restore worked.
- The compare view could display the incorrect additions or deletions status.
- Updates to a pull request through the API could incorrectly modify
false when the field was not a part of the request.
/var/log/github/production.log has been updated to include more metadata for
- We incorrectly redirect to the dashboard if you accessed GitHub Enterprise using an alias while in private mode. This might happen if you set a fully qualified domain name but the subdomain resolves correctly.
- Images uploaded to issues save with an absolute URL, so they can be broken if the hostname changes.
- On a freshly set up GitHub Enterprise without any users, an attacker could create the first admin user.
- Custom firewall rules aren't maintained during an upgrade.
- svn checkout may timeout while the repository data cache is being built. In most cases, subsequent svn checkout attempts will succeed.
- Git LFS tracked files uploaded through the web interface are incorrectly added directly to the repository.
- GitHub Enterprise clustering can not be configured without https.
- Deleting a search index doesn't delete all associated metadata, which are then incorrectly reused if a new search index is created. This causes search index repair jobs to be reported as finished in the site admin when they were not.
- Changing the parent of a nested team can result in the nested team not receiving updated inherited permissions.
- GitHub Apps silently fail to be created when the name contains an underscore.
- Changes to legal hold state of a repository does not trigger an audit log event.
- After changing HTTP proxy configuration in the Management Console, webhooks do not use the settings unless
hookshot-resqued is restarted manually via SSH by running:
sudo systemctl restart hookshot-resqued. (updated 2017-12-20)
- Pull request review comments migrated with
ghe-migrator are displayed in the wrong order. (updated 2017-12-27)
- The pull request review request has users reversed, after migration with
ghe-migrator. (updated 2017-12-27)
- The comment count in the "Conversation" tab of a pull request migrated with
ghe-migrator can be wrong. (updated 2017-12-27)
- NUMA enabled appliances can crash with a kernel panic. This is a known issue with
linux-image-3.16.51-2 and the workaround is to add the
numa=off parameter to the kernel command line in
/boot/grub/grub.cfg. Please contact GitHub Enterprise Support if you have questions. (updated 2017-12-28)
- The create team API endpoint returns a 500 error if LDAP Sync is enabled and the team already exists. (updated 2018-01-09)
ghe-repl-status command-line utility incorrectly shows
TypeError: no implicit conversion of Symbol into Integer when there are repositories or gists with bad replica counts. (updated 2018-01-10)
- Reviewers and the "Review requested" status disappear on pull requests migrated with
ghe-migrator. (updated 2018-01-12)
- Background job logging to
/var/log/github/production.log may consume large amounts of disk space. The fast growth of this log file could cause the root disk to fill up. (updated 2018-01-16)
The GitHub Team