The 2.12 series release notes contain important changes in this release series.
- CRITICAL There was a remote code execution vulnerability that leveraged CVE-2018-11235 during the Pages build process. The Git package has been updated to address the vulnerability in the Pages build process. (updated 2018-05-30)
- Packages have been updated to the latest security versions.
- When booted into recovery mode, using
ghe-set-password to reset the Management Console password would fail unless the
haproxy-internal-proxy service was manually started.
collectd.log contained superfluous Elasticsearch plugin warnings.
ghe-migrator failed to import a GitHub.com migration archive when a pull request's requested reviewer was not a member of the organization.
- Commits pushed to a closed pull request were not included when fetching the pull request's tracking branch.
- API returned an incorrect response code when adding organization team members to a repository.
- The repository collaborator API ignored the
permission parameter and always invited users with
- Our unified Git proxy, babeld, now uses the BoringSSL cryptographic library to avoid lock contention issues in Git over SSH connections, which may have been encountered on large and busy appliances.
- Images uploaded to issues save with an absolute URL, so they can be broken if the hostname changes.
- On a freshly set up GitHub Enterprise without any users, an attacker could create the first admin user.
- Custom firewall rules aren't maintained during an upgrade.
- svn checkout may timeout while the repository data cache is being built. In most cases, subsequent svn checkout attempts will succeed.
- Git LFS tracked files uploaded through the web interface are incorrectly added directly to the repository.
- GitHub Enterprise clustering can not be configured without https.
- Pull request review comments migrated with
ghe-migrator are displayed in the wrong order.
- Git LFS, release and issue assets, user profile images, webhooks, or Subversion access may be unavailable if an appliance is restarted after applying the 2.12.5 or greater hotpatch—if this occurs, please contact Enterprise Support for assistance.
- On a repository that's been locked for migration using
ghe-migrator, project boards are not exported.
- Nameid-format matching on SAML response is too strict when value is "unspecified", which can cause an error with the "Another user already owns the account." message if the IdP changes
NameID. (updated 2018-06-25)
The GitHub Team