The 2.12 series release notes contain important changes in this release series.
- Packages have been updated to the latest security versions.
- Pre-receive hooks would fail if the pre-receive environment lacked a
- Active git processes were not displayed on the Management Console's maintenance page
- Nameid-format matching on SAML response is too strict when value is "unspecified", which can cause an error with the "Another user already owns the account." message if the IdP changes
NameID. (updated 2018-06-25)
- Images uploaded to issues save with an absolute URL, so they can be broken if the hostname changes.
- On a freshly set up GitHub Enterprise without any users, an attacker could create the first admin user.
- Custom firewall rules aren't maintained during an upgrade.
- svn checkout may timeout while the repository data cache is being built. In most cases, subsequent svn checkout attempts will succeed.
- Git LFS tracked files uploaded through the web interface are incorrectly added directly to the repository.
- GitHub Enterprise clustering can not be configured without https.
- Pull request review comments migrated with
ghe-migrator are displayed in the wrong order.
- Git LFS, release and issue assets, user profile images, webhooks, or Subversion access may be unavailable if an appliance is restarted after applying the 2.12.5 or greater hotpatch—if this occurs, please contact Enterprise Support for assistance.
The GitHub Team