The 2.12 series release notes contain important changes in this release series.
- Packages have been updated to the latest security versions.
- The "Files Changed" view failed to display all changes when the difference contained a type change and the difference was too large.
- GitHub Apps have been updated to allow archiving repositories.
- Images uploaded to issues save with an absolute URL, so they can be broken if the hostname changes.
- On a freshly set up GitHub Enterprise without any users, an attacker could create the first admin user.
- Custom firewall rules aren't maintained during an upgrade.
- svn checkout may timeout while the repository data cache is being built. In most cases, subsequent svn checkout attempts will succeed.
- Git LFS tracked files uploaded through the web interface are incorrectly added directly to the repository.
GitHub Enterprise clustering can not be configured without https.
- Pull request review comments migrated with
ghe-migrator are displayed in the wrong order.
- Git LFS, release and issue assets, user profile images, webhooks, or Subversion access may be unavailable if an appliance is restarted after applying the 2.12.5 or greater hotpatch—if this occurs, please contact Enterprise Support for assistance.
- HTTPS is now a requirement of GitHub Enterprise clustering. (updated 2018-08-13)
The GitHub Team