The 2.12 series release notes contain important changes in this release series.
- Packages have been updated to the latest security versions.
- The compare page could fail to load if a user of a fork of the repository has been deleted.
- Redundant routes were created for archived gists when restoring to a cluster environment. This prevented archived gists from being unarchived.
- When a commit comment is left on a file with non-ascii characters in the path, the pull request page could return 503.
connect timeout has been increased to allow up to four retries during a cluster restore.
- Images uploaded to issues save with an absolute URL, so they can be broken if the hostname changes.
- On a freshly set up GitHub Enterprise without any users, an attacker could create the first admin user.
- Custom firewall rules aren't maintained during an upgrade.
- svn checkout may timeout while the repository data cache is being built. In most cases, subsequent svn checkout attempts will succeed.
- Git LFS tracked files uploaded through the web interface are incorrectly added directly to the repository.
- Pull request review comments migrated with
ghe-migrator are displayed in the wrong order.
- Git LFS, release and issue assets, user profile images, webhooks, or Subversion access may be unavailable if an appliance is restarted after applying the 2.12.5 or greater hotpatch—if this occurs, please contact Enterprise Support for assistance.
The GitHub Team