The 2.12 series release notes contain important changes in this release series.
- The version string presented when using Git over SSH was misleading, causing security scanners to incorrectly report GitHub as vulnerable.
- Packages have been updated to the latest security versions.
- All non-root connections to the cloud provider metadata IP address (169.254.169.254) were blocked, preventing Google Cloud load balancer health checks from working correctly.
- Installing a hotpatch when replication is not setup displayed a harmless error message:
grep: /etc/github/repl-state: No such file or directory.
- Rate limiting was enforced when adding members to organizations.
- Images uploaded to issues save with an absolute URL, so they can be broken if the hostname changes.
- On a freshly set up GitHub Enterprise without any users, an attacker could create the first admin user.
- Custom firewall rules aren't maintained during an upgrade.
- svn checkout may timeout while the repository data cache is being built. In most cases, subsequent svn checkout attempts will succeed.
- Git LFS tracked files uploaded through the web interface are incorrectly added directly to the repository.
- Pull request review comments migrated with
ghe-migrator are displayed in the wrong order.
- Git LFS, release and issue assets, user profile images, webhooks, or Subversion access may be unavailable if an appliance is restarted after applying the 2.12.5 or greater hotpatch—if this occurs, please contact Enterprise Support for assistance.
The GitHub Team