The 2.12 series release notes contain important changes in this release series.
- Packages have been updated to the latest security versions.
- The directory hierarchy was not retained when uploading a directory of files to a repository using drag & drop.
- MySQL backups could fail with
mysqldump: Error 2013: Lost connection to MySQL server during query when dumping table error.
- An incorrect merge commit SHA could be returned for pull requests merged through the API.
- Multiple attempts may have been required to resolve a merge conflict using the conflict resolution web interface.
- The incomplete preview Community Profile API endpoint was enabled on GitHub Enterprise.
- Pull request reviewers were not migrated when migrating repositories using
- The pull request assignee event was duplicated on repositories migrated using
- The pull request review request had users reversed, after migration with
- Granting push permissions on a protected branch to a child team could fail with a
500 internal server error when submitting the form.
- Archived repositories could not be forked via the REST API.
- Querying the status of storage objects using in high availability and cluster environments has been optimized for improved performance.
- Git references, such as tags or branch names, with a high number of transitions from letter to numbers and back again, could result in a background worker crashing causing some webhooks not to fire.
gpgverify service could consume large amounts of CPU time even when not processing requests. (updated 2018-02-14)
- GitHub Enterprise is now available in the Paris AWS region.
- Support bundles are more efficiently sanitized during generation.
- We incorrectly redirect to the dashboard if you accessed GitHub Enterprise using an alias while in private mode. This might happen if you set a fully qualified domain name but the subdomain resolves correctly.
- Images uploaded to issues save with an absolute URL, so they can be broken if the hostname changes.
- On a freshly set up GitHub Enterprise without any users, an attacker could create the first admin user.
- Custom firewall rules aren't maintained during an upgrade.
- svn checkout may timeout while the repository data cache is being built. In most cases, subsequent svn checkout attempts will succeed.
- Git LFS tracked files uploaded through the web interface are incorrectly added directly to the repository.
- GitHub Enterprise clustering can not be configured without https.
- Deleting a search index doesn't delete all associated metadata, which are then incorrectly reused if a new search index is created. This causes search index repair jobs to be reported as finished in the site admin when they were not.
- GitHub Apps silently fail to be created when the name contains an underscore.
- Pull request review comments migrated with
ghe-migrator are displayed in the wrong order.
- The comment count in the "Conversation" tab of a pull request migrated with
ghe-migrator can be wrong.
- Git LFS, release and issue assets, user profile images, webhooks, or Subversion access may be unavailable if an appliance is restarted after applying the 2.12.5 or greater hotpatch—if this occurs, please contact Enterprise Support for assistance. (updated 2018-03-19)
The GitHub Team