The 2.12 series release notes contain important changes in this release series.
- LOW: Tokens were contained in extended support bundles when they were used in GET requests as a URL parameter.
- Packages were updated to their latest patch versions.
- RRD files used to store metrics that are no longer collected were never deleted, wasting space on the root file system.
- Webhook delivery could fail in a clustering environment when one of the web-server nodes was unavailable and not explicitly marked as offline.
- SVG files referenced using a relative path in a README were not shown.
- Trial CloudFormation template updated to use current version of AWS instances. As part of this update, this trial template will no longer work within the EC2 Classic network type.
- Failed to upgrade a replica to the same version on a newly partitioned root disk.
- Deleting a search index didn't delete all associated metadata, which were then incorrectly reused if a new search index was created. This caused search index repair jobs to be reported as finished in the site admin when they were not.
- The comment count in the "Conversation" tab of a pull request migrated with
ghe-migrator can be wrong.
- LFS objects could fail to be cloned after a successful upload.
- GitHub Apps silently fail to be created when the name contains an underscore.
- Trying to delete an App's avatar in
settings/apps/[app-name] caused an error and didn't delete the avatar.
- Installations failed to be removed while transferring repository ownership.
- Collaborators added through the API were incorrectly sent invitations.
ghe-repl-status could show an inaccurate count when Alambic replication was behind.
- We incorrectly redirect to the dashboard if you accessed GitHub Enterprise using an alias while in private mode. This might happen if you set a fully qualified domain name but the subdomain resolves correctly.
- Images uploaded to issues save with an absolute URL, so they can be broken if the hostname changes.
- On a freshly set up GitHub Enterprise without any users, an attacker could create the first admin user.
- Custom firewall rules aren't maintained during an upgrade.
- svn checkout may timeout while the repository data cache is being built. In most cases, subsequent svn checkout attempts will succeed.
- Git LFS tracked files uploaded through the web interface are incorrectly added directly to the repository.
- GitHub Enterprise clustering can not be configured without https.
- Pull request review comments migrated with
ghe-migrator are displayed in the wrong order.
- Git LFS, release and issue assets, user profile images, webhooks, or Subversion access may be unavailable if an appliance is restarted after applying the 2.12.5 or greater hotpatch—if this occurs, please contact Enterprise Support for assistance. (updated 2018-03-19)
- Pull request reviewer usernames were not updated if a reviewer was mapped to a different username when migrating repositories using
ghe-migrator. (updated 2018-04-12)
- On a repository that's been locked for migration using
ghe-migrator, project boards are not exported. (updated 2018-05-07)
- Nameid-format matching on SAML response is too strict when value is "unspecified", which can cause an error with the "Another user already owns the account." message if the IdP changes
NameID. (updated 2018-06-25)
The GitHub Team