The 2.12 series release notes contain important changes in this release series.
- Packages have been updated to the latest security versions.
- An appliance could not be successfully deployed on Google Cloud Platform without allocating a public IP address.
- Snapshots taken using the Backup Utilities from a GitHub Enterprise cluster will connect to the MySQL master node to allow transfer of SQL data via a unix domain socket instead of TCP.
- When creating a custom pre-receive hook environment, the operation would fail if the specified URL requested redirection.
- Upgrades with a package from an earlier release were not prevented.
- Some services would fail to restart after applying a hotpatch.
documentation_url field in some GraphQL API v4 responses referred to the REST API v3 documentation rather than the GraphQL API v4 documentation.
- Adding members via the new organization page did not display added users.
- Archived gists were not restored in cluster environments.
- The Get repository contents API endpoint incorrectly returned a
403 Forbidden response for some Git LFS-tracked files.
- Milestones retrieved using the REST API were not sorted as documented by default.
- "You signed out in another tab or window. Reload to refresh your session" message was being shown to some Firefox users.
- Pull Request would not merge if it touches file(s) the author owns requiring reviews from code owners.
- Pull request reviewer usernames were not updated if a reviewer was mapped to a different username when migrating repositories using
- Entries recorded in the resqued.log file weren't included when forwarding logs to an external server. Customers monitoring the github_resque tag will need to switch to github_resqued instead.
- Added the ability to add multiple repositories to an export at once using a text file that lists the repository URLs.
- Images uploaded to issues save with an absolute URL, so they can be broken if the hostname changes.
- On a freshly set up GitHub Enterprise without any users, an attacker could create the first admin user.
- Custom firewall rules aren't maintained during an upgrade.
- svn checkout may timeout while the repository data cache is being built. In most cases, subsequent svn checkout attempts will succeed.
- Git LFS tracked files uploaded through the web interface are incorrectly added directly to the repository.
- GitHub Enterprise clustering can not be configured without https.
- Pull request review comments migrated with
ghe-migrator are displayed in the wrong order.
- Git LFS, release and issue assets, user profile images, webhooks, or Subversion access may be unavailable if an appliance is restarted after applying the 2.12.5 or greater hotpatch—if this occurs, please contact Enterprise Support for assistance. (updated 2018-03-19)
- Pages builds fail when TLS is disabled. (updated 2018-04-03)
- On a repository that's been locked for migration using
ghe-migrator, project boards are not exported. (updated 2018-05-07)
- Nameid-format matching on SAML response is too strict when value is "unspecified", which can cause an error with the "Another user already owns the account." message if the IdP changes
NameID. (updated 2018-06-25)
The GitHub Team