- After a review request has been removed, users could be missing from the pull request reviwer's list.
- The OAuth authorization page did not list the requested organization access for outside collaborators.
milestone:none search queries were not returning the correct issue or pull requests.
/stafftools, administrators could incorrectly delete user accounts when they were the sole owner of a repository.
- API search results with an out of bound page query returned an inaccurate
- Organization projects were redundantly imported creating duplicate projects.
- Pull request reviewer usernames were not updated if a reviewer was mapped to a different username when migrating repositories using
- Enterprise Administration API resources require the
site_admin scope when authenticating with an access token.
- An e-mail notification will be sent to users after an addition or removal of an e-mail address.
- An e-mail notification will be sent to users during a two-factor authentication lockout.
- An e-mail notification will be sent to users when a two-factor recovery code is used.
- The original project creator will retain administrative access when transferring owner from
- Emojis are supported on label names.
- Label names are required to be 50 characters or fewer. Existing labels will be unchanged but must adhere to the character limit to be updated.
- Saved replies character limit has been increased to 100 from 50.
ghe-org-admin-promote requires an
-a flag to give admin privileges to all site administrators in all organizations.
- New REST API resources have been added.
- GraphQL API schema has been updated.
Backups and Disaster Recovery
GitHub Enterprise 2.13 requires at least GitHub Enterprise Backup Utilities 2.13.0 for Backups and Disaster Recovery.
Starting with Backup Utilities 2.13.0, version support is inline with that of the GitHub Enterprise upgrade requirements and as such, support is limited to three versions of GitHub Enterprise: the version that corresponds with the version of Backup Utilities, and the two releases prior to it.
For example, Backup Utilities 2.13.0 can be used to backup and restore all patch releases from 2.11.0 to the latest patch release of GitHub Enterprise 2.13. Backup utilities 2.14.0 will be released when GitHub Enterprise 2.14.0 is released and will then be used to backup all releases of GitHub Enterprise from 2.12.0 to the latest patch release of GitHub Enterprise 2.14.
Backup Utilities 2.11.4 and earlier offer support for GitHub Enterprise 2.10 and earlier releases.
Upcoming deprecation of Internet Explorer 11 support
Support for Internet Explorer 11 will be deprecated on September 13, 2018. There will be no changes in site functionality, but a warning banner will be displayed to Internet Explorer 11 users.
Upcoming deprecation of VMware ESX 5.5 support
Support for VMware ESX 5.5 will be deprecated on September 19, 2018.
Upcoming deprecation of GitHub Enterprise 2.10
GitHub Enterprise 2.10 will be deprecated as of June 5, 2018. That means that no patch releases will be made, even for critical security issues, after this date. For better performance, improved security, and new features, upgrade to the newest version of GitHub Enterprise as soon as possible.
- Images uploaded to issues save with an absolute URL, so they can be broken if the hostname changes.
- On a freshly set up GitHub Enterprise without any users, an attacker could create the first admin user.
- Custom firewall rules aren't maintained during an upgrade.
- svn checkout may timeout while the repository data cache is being built. In most cases, subsequent svn checkout attempts will succeed.
- Git LFS tracked files uploaded through the web interface are incorrectly added directly to the repository.
- GitHub Enterprise clustering can not be configured without https.
- Pull request review comments are missing from an import with
- After upgrading to 2.13.0, users can lose access to their LDAP mapped teams when LDAP sync is enabled. Please contact Enterprise Support to manually workaround this issue. (updated 2018-03-28)
- Pages builds fail when TLS is disabled. (updated 2018-04-03)
- We incorrectly show a warning message, "You can't perform this action at this time", on team discussion pages. The message can be safely ignored. (updated 2018-04-11)
- On a repository that's been locked for migration using
ghe-migrator, project boards are not exported. (updated 2018-05-07)
- Nameid-format matching on SAML response is too strict when value is "unspecified", which can cause an error with the "Another user already owns the account." message if the IdP changes
NameID. (updated 2018-06-25)
- The import of protected branches with
ghe-migrator fails when the creator of the protected branch no longer exists on the source instance. (updated 2018-10-31)
- The import of project boards with
ghe-migrator fails when the creator of a card on the board no longer exists on the source instance. (updated 2018-11-21)
The GitHub Team