The 2.14 series release notes contain important changes in this release series.
- Packages have been updated to the latest security versions.
- The high availability replication status as reported by
ghe-repl-status reported a harmless error,
parse error: Invalid numeric literal at line 1, column 3.
- Attempting to rename a repository and only changing character casing resulted in an error.
- Pages was not replicated properly when tearing down and re-attaching a former replica.
- The "Files Changed" view failed to display all changes when the difference contained a type change and the difference was too large.
- The "Learn more" reference when configuring a "GitHub.com connection" used an incorrect help.github.com guide.
- Built-in users would not have a password reset button available for administrators when external authentication was used with allowing built-in accounts.
Upcoming deprecation of GitHub Services
Starting with GitHub Enterprise 2.17.0, support for GitHub Services will be deprecated and administrators will not be able to install or configure new GitHub Services. Existing GitHub Services from a previous version of GitHub Enterprise will continue to function but GitHub Enterprise will not be providing any security or bug fixes to the GitHub Services functionality. At this time, there will be no changes to the existing functionality, but a warning banner will be displayed with the deprecation announcement blog post. Administrators can see which repositories are using GitHub Services with
- On a freshly set up GitHub Enterprise without any users, an attacker could create the first admin user.
- Custom firewall rules aren't maintained during an upgrade.
- svn checkout may timeout while the repository data cache is being built. In most cases, subsequent svn checkout attempts will succeed.
- Git LFS tracked files uploaded through the web interface are incorrectly added directly to the repository.
- The import of protected branches with
ghe-migrator fails when the creator of the protected branch no longer exists on the source instance. (updated 2018-10-31)
- The import of project boards with
ghe-migrator fails when the creator of a card on the board no longer exists on the source instance. (updated 2018-11-21)
- Pull request review comments can be misplaced when the pull request has large diffs. (updated 2019-01-21)
- Issues cannot be closed if they contain a permalink to a blob in the same repository where the file path is longer than 255 characters. (updated 2019-03-07)
- Some pull requests and issues are purged completely when restoring the repository right after deleting it. (updated 2019-03-19)
The GitHub Team