The 2.14 series release notes contain important changes in this release series.
- Packages have been updated to the latest security versions.
- Release assets uploaded via the Releases API would fail if the asset is larger than 1GB.
- The package validation performed when upgrading would print the result of an internal check.
- The maximum number of allowed connections to the internal HAProxy load balancer could be reached on very large instances leading to a large backlog of resqued jobs.
- DNS resolution of appliance hostnames in a HA configuration could timeout or return an incorrect IP address.
- Some pull requests and issues were purged completely when restoring the repository right after deleting it.
ghe-repl-promote will now prompt for confirmation. To promote a replica without confirmation, use the
- On a freshly set up GitHub Enterprise without any users, an attacker could create the first admin user.
- Custom firewall rules aren't maintained during an upgrade.
- svn checkout may timeout while the repository data cache is being built. In most cases, subsequent svn checkout attempts will succeed.
- Git LFS tracked files uploaded through the web interface are incorrectly added directly to the repository.
- Issues cannot be closed if they contain a permalink to a blob in the same repository where the file path is longer than 255 characters.
The GitHub Team