The 2.14 series release notes contain important changes in this release series.
- Packages have been updated to the latest security versions.
sudo would set restrictive permissions on a temporary directory preventing subsequent execution of these commands by the admin user.
- The webhook Elasticsearch index replica count was not adjusted when upgrading the appliance leading to Elasticsearch attempting to over or under replicate the index.
- In high availability environments, Consul would attempt to communicate with the other node using the public IP address in addition to the VPN IP address. These are correctly blocked but result in a flood of errors in the system log.
- The compare page could fail to load if a user of a fork of the repository has been deleted.
- Redundant routes were created for archived gists when restoring to a cluster environment. This prevented archived gists from being unarchived.
- Searching for GitHub.com wiki results could fail with a
406 Not Acceptable.
- Searching for GitHub.com code results could fail with a
500 Internal Server Error.
connect timeout has been increased to allow up to four retries during a cluster restore.
- Repositories which failed periodic maintenance needed manual intervention. GitHub Enterprise now retries maintenance for failed repositories once per week.
- On a freshly set up GitHub Enterprise without any users, an attacker could create the first admin user.
- Custom firewall rules aren't maintained during an upgrade.
- svn checkout may timeout while the repository data cache is being built. In most cases, subsequent svn checkout attempts will succeed.
- Git LFS tracked files uploaded through the web interface are incorrectly added directly to the repository.
- The import of protected branches with
ghe-migrator fails when the creator of the protected branch no longer exists on the source instance. (updated 2018-10-31)
- The import of project boards with
ghe-migrator fails when the creator of a card on the board no longer exists on the source instance. (updated 2018-11-21)
- Pull request review comments can be misplaced when the pull request has large diffs. (updated 2019-01-21)
- Issues cannot be closed if they contain a permalink to a blob in the same repository where the file path is longer than 255 characters. (updated 2019-03-07)
- Some pull requests and issues are purged completely when restoring the repository right after deleting it. (updated 2019-03-19)
The GitHub Team