The 2.14 series release notes contain important changes in this release series.
- MEDIUM: An attacker with direct network access to the server could send a specially crafted sequence of network packets that could cause a kernel panic or slow down the system causing a Denial of Service (DoS). For more information, see the associated CVEs: CVE-2019-11477, CVE-2019-11478, CVE-2019-11479.
- Packages have been updated to the latest security versions.
- GitHub Enterprise incorrectly enforced a version of Backup Utilities that was the same or newer than the precise patch version of GitHub Enterprise.
- On a freshly set up GitHub Enterprise without any users, an attacker could create the first admin user.
- Custom firewall rules aren't maintained during an upgrade.
- svn checkout may timeout while the repository data cache is being built. In most cases, subsequent svn checkout attempts will succeed.
- Git LFS tracked files uploaded through the web interface are incorrectly added directly to the repository.
- Issues cannot be closed if they contain a permalink to a blob in the same repository where the file path is longer than 255 characters.
The GitHub Team