The 2.14 series release notes contain important changes in this release series.
- Packages have been updated to the latest security versions.
- Viewing the profile of a user with a username similar to a common HTML error page, for example
404-html, would display the error page and not the user's profile.
- Reattaching a forked repository to its parent after changing the visibility would fail for the second and subsequent forks.
Upcoming deprecation of GitHub Enterprise Server 2.14
GitHub Enterprise Server 2.14 will be deprecated as of July 12, 2019 That means that no patch releases will be made, even for critical security issues, after this date. For better performance, improved security, and new features, upgrade to the newest version of GitHub Enterprise Server as soon as possible.
- On a freshly set up GitHub Enterprise without any users, an attacker could create the first admin user.
- Custom firewall rules aren't maintained during an upgrade.
- svn checkout may timeout while the repository data cache is being built. In most cases, subsequent svn checkout attempts will succeed.
- Git LFS tracked files uploaded through the web interface are incorrectly added directly to the repository.
- Issues cannot be closed if they contain a permalink to a blob in the same repository where the file path is longer than 255 characters.
The GitHub Team