The 2.14 series release notes contain important changes in this release series.
git package has been updated to detect malicious Git submodules that could be used to exploit CVE-2018-17456.
- Packages have been updated to the latest security versions.
- The access control list (ACL) of configuration files transferred to replica nodes could be lost when configuring High Availability replication.
ghe-config-apply contained innocuous and misleading error messages about
WARNING: Setting ES auto_expand_replicas failed.
- The Grafana monitor dashboard truncated background jobs in the graph's legend.
- Scheduling maintenance mode could cause a
500 Internal Sever Error.
- Pull request review requests weren't satisfied if a member of a subteam completed the review.
osqueryi utility has been added to the GitHub Enterprise environment.
- GitHub Enterprise is now available in Azure Government. (updated 2018-10-18)
- On a freshly set up GitHub Enterprise without any users, an attacker could create the first admin user.
- Custom firewall rules aren't maintained during an upgrade.
- svn checkout may timeout while the repository data cache is being built. In most cases, subsequent svn checkout attempts will succeed.
- Git LFS tracked files uploaded through the web interface are incorrectly added directly to the repository.
- The import of protected branches with
ghe-migrator fails when the creator of the protected branch no longer exists on the source instance. (updated 2018-10-31)
- The import of project boards with
ghe-migrator fails when the creator of a card on the board no longer exists on the source instance. (updated 2018-11-21)
- Upgrading to a later version in this series may overwrite custom DNS entries in
/etc/resolvconf/resolv.conf.d/head (updated 2018-12-19)
- Pull request review comments can be misplaced when the pull request has large diffs. (updated 2019-01-21)
- Issues cannot be closed if they contain a permalink to a blob in the same repository where the file path is longer than 255 characters. (updated 2019-03-07)
- Some pull requests and issues are purged completely when restoring the repository right after deleting it. (updated 2019-03-19)
The GitHub Team