The 2.14 series release notes contain important changes in this release series.
- The version string presented when using Git over SSH was misleading, causing security scanners to incorrectly report GitHub as vulnerable.
- Packages have been updated to the latest security versions.
- All non-root connections to the cloud provider metadata IP address (169.254.169.254) were blocked, preventing Google Cloud load balancer health checks from working correctly.
- Installing a hotpatch when replication is not setup displayed a harmless error message:
grep: /etc/github/repl-state: No such file or directory.
- Rate limiting was enforced when adding members to organizations.
- Using ghe-migrator to import a repository including a protected branch which has null in the creator entry failed.
- The import of protected branches with
ghe-migrator fails when the creator of the protected branch no longer exists on the source instance.
- On a freshly set up GitHub Enterprise without any users, an attacker could create the first admin user.
- Custom firewall rules aren't maintained during an upgrade.
- svn checkout may timeout while the repository data cache is being built. In most cases, subsequent svn checkout attempts will succeed.
- Git LFS tracked files uploaded through the web interface are incorrectly added directly to the repository.
- The import of project boards with
ghe-migrator fails when the creator of a card on the board no longer exists on the source instance. (updated 2018-11-21)
- Upgrading to a later version in this series may overwrite custom DNS entries in
/etc/resolvconf/resolv.conf.d/head (updated 2018-12-19)
- Pull request review comments can be misplaced when the pull request has large diffs. (updated 2019-01-21)
- Issues cannot be closed if they contain a permalink to a blob in the same repository where the file path is longer than 255 characters. (updated 2019-03-07)
- Some pull requests and issues are purged completely when restoring the repository right after deleting it. (updated 2019-03-19)
The GitHub Team