The 2.15 series release notes contain important changes in this release series.
- The version string presented when using Git over SSH was misleading, causing security scanners to incorrectly report GitHub as vulnerable.
- Installing a hotpatch when replication is not setup displayed a harmless error message:
grep: /etc/github/repl-state: No such file or directory.
- The addition of new GitHub Services was deprecated too early.
- The App request/response Grafana section did not report any metrics.
- The page shown to a user when an abuse detection mechanism is triggered contained links only relevant to GitHub.com.
- Rate limiting was enforced when adding members to organizations.
- Changing a team member's role would not complete after prompting for authentication.
- Using ghe-migrator to import a repository including a protected branch which has null in the creator entry failed.
- Organizations created using the REST API were not listed on the global business profile page.
- The import of protected branches with
ghe-migrator fails when the creator of the protected branch no longer exists on the source instance.
- GitHub Connect settings pages now show the connected GitHub.com organization or user.
- On a freshly set up GitHub Enterprise without any users, an attacker could create the first admin user.
- Custom firewall rules aren't maintained during an upgrade.
- svn checkout may timeout while the repository data cache is being built. In most cases, subsequent svn checkout attempts will succeed.
- Git LFS tracked files uploaded through the web interface are incorrectly added directly to the repository.
- The App request/response Grafana section is not reporting any metrics.
- Creating a new organization may cause a
422 Unprocessable Entity error. (updated 2018-11-03)
- Some settings available on the
/business page are inaccessible when the company name in the license file is comprised of multi byte strings. (updated 2018-11-7)
- Listing the GUIDs of migrations that are in progress with the
ghe-migrator list command throws an error and fails. (updated 2018-11-21)
- The import of project boards with
ghe-migrator fails when the creator of a card on the board no longer exists on the source instance. (updated 2018-11-21)
- Pull request review comments can be misplaced when the pull request has large diffs. (updated 2019-01-21)
- Issues cannot be closed if they contain a permalink to a blob in the same repository where the file path is longer than 255 characters. (updated 2019-03-07)
- Some pull requests and issues are purged completely when restoring the repository right after deleting it. (updated 2019-03-19)
- Resque workers may not be cleaned up following a configuration run leading to a growing number of stale workers which in turn could lead to high memory consumption. (updated 2019-05-08)
The GitHub Team