The 2.15 series release notes contain important changes in this release series.
- Packages have been updated to the latest security versions.
- Release assets uploaded via the Releases API would fail if the asset is larger than 1GB.
- The maximum number of allowed connections to the internal HAProxy load balancer could be reached on very large instances leading to a large backlog of resqued jobs.
- The package validation performed when upgrading would print the result of an internal check.
- DNS resolution of appliance hostnames in a HA configuration could timeout or return an incorrect IP address.
- Some pull requests and issues were purged completely when restoring the repository right after deleting it.
- Links to the security alerts help documentation were incorrect.
- When creating a new repository, default repository visibility input could have the wrong value selected.
ghe-repl-promote will now prompt for confirmation. To promote a replica without confirmation, use the
- On a freshly set up GitHub Enterprise without any users, an attacker could create the first admin user.
- Custom firewall rules aren't maintained during an upgrade.
- svn checkout may timeout while the repository data cache is being built. In most cases, subsequent svn checkout attempts will succeed.
- Git LFS tracked files uploaded through the web interface are incorrectly added directly to the repository.
- Issues cannot be closed if they contain a permalink to a blob in the same repository where the file path is longer than 255 characters.
- Resque workers may not be cleaned up following a configuration run leading to a growing number of stale workers which in turn could lead to high memory consumption. (updated 2019-05-08)
The GitHub Team