The 2.16 series release notes contain important changes in this release series.
- HIGH: The repository import functionality was vulnerable to a command injection issue when importing Mercurial repositories.
- Packages have been updated to the latest security versions.
- A 500 Internal Server Error could occur when creating a new organization.
- On a freshly set up GitHub Enterprise without any users, an attacker could create the first admin user.
- Custom firewall rules aren't maintained during an upgrade.
- svn checkout may timeout while the repository data cache is being built. In most cases, subsequent svn checkout attempts will succeed.
- Git LFS tracked files uploaded through the web interface are incorrectly added directly to the repository.
- Issues cannot be closed if they contain a permalink to a blob in the same repository where the file path is longer than 255 characters.
- Resque workers may not be cleaned up following a configuration run leading to a growing number of stale workers which in turn could lead to high memory consumption.
The GitHub Team