The 2.16 series release notes contain important changes in this release series.
- HIGH: An endpoint in the GitHub API would disclose sensitive user information in its error response. The disclosed information included authentication tokens that could be used to authenticate as unauthorized users. An authenticated user on the instance would be required to access to the affected API.
- Packages have been updated to the latest security versions.
/var/log/github/exceptions.log file could include a large number of
- Organizations imported with
ghe-migrator were not added to the global enterprise account.
- The diff context for diffs that included submodules would sometimes load incorrect content.
- On a freshly set up GitHub Enterprise without any users, an attacker could create the first admin user.
- Custom firewall rules aren't maintained during an upgrade.
- svn checkout may timeout while the repository data cache is being built. In most cases, subsequent svn checkout attempts will succeed.
- Git LFS tracked files uploaded through the web interface are incorrectly added directly to the repository.
- Issues cannot be closed if they contain a permalink to a blob in the same repository where the file path is longer than 255 characters.
- Resque workers may not be cleaned up following a configuration run leading to a growing number of stale workers which in turn could lead to high memory consumption.
The GitHub Team