The 2.17 series release notes contain important changes in this release series.
- Packages have been updated to the latest security versions.
- Graphs for some metrics in the Management Console 'Monitor' page were displaying data in the opposite ordering than expected.
- Backups of GitHub Enterprise Server clusters could intermittently fail due to duplicated Gist repository references.
- Transient, non-fatal errors returned from external LDAP servers during team synchronization operations could cause the incorrect removal of team members.
- Background job queues have been re-ordered to reduce the chances of user-visible jobs being delayed on very busy instances.
- On a freshly set up GitHub Enterprise Server without any users, an attacker could create the first admin user.
- Custom firewall rules aren't maintained during an upgrade.
- Subversion (SVN) checkout may timeout while the repository data cache is being built. In most cases, subsequent svn checkout attempts will succeed.
- Git LFS tracked files uploaded through the web interface are incorrectly added directly to the repository.
- Issues cannot be closed if they contain a permalink to a blob in the same repository where the file path is longer than 255 characters.
- Lines in gists are not selectable.
- The Let's Encrypt certificate registration feature consistently fails following an update to the external API.
- When "Users can search GitHub.com" is enabled with GitHub Connect, issues in private and internal repositories are not included in GitHub.com search results.
The GitHub Team