The 2.17 series release notes contain important changes in this release series.
- The root disk utilization graph in the Management Console was missing on AWS Nitro instance types.
- The Alambic storage service could hit a file descriptor limit that could cause the kernel to hang and other services to log errors.
- Importing of teams with nested teams with security visibility could fail. Nested teams will now be imported as top-level teams if they are imported as children of a team with secret visibility.
- When a repository is locked users could still directly visit pull request URLs and modify the reviewers.
- A team created via the API V3 would not automatically add its creator as a maintainer, which caused it to be inaccessible to that person.
- A GitHub App with the proper set of permissions was not able to create teams with LDAP.
- The DNS resolution for GitHub Connect could timeout.
- On a freshly set up GitHub Enterprise Server without any users, an attacker could create the first admin user.
- Custom firewall rules aren't maintained during an upgrade.
- Subversion (SVN) checkout may timeout while the repository data cache is being built. In most cases, subsequent svn checkout attempts will succeed.
- Git LFS tracked files uploaded through the web interface are incorrectly added directly to the repository.
- Issues cannot be closed if they contain a permalink to a blob in the same repository where the file path is longer than 255 characters.
- Lines in gists are not selectable.
- When "Users can search GitHub.com" is enabled with GitHub Connect, issues in private and internal repositories are not included in GitHub.com search results.
The GitHub Team