The 2.17 series release notes contain important changes in this release series.
- Packages have been updated to the latest security versions.
- In some cases the forwarded log entries, mainly for audit.log were getting truncated.
ghe-license-check command-line utility returned an "Invalid license file" error for some valid licenses, causing configuration changes to fail.
- Alambic exception logs were not forwarded by syslog.
org_block event is not unavailable but was appearing for GitHub Apps on GitHub Enterprise Server.
- GraphQL query responses sometimes returned unmatched node identifiers for
- The GitHub App credential used by GitHub Connect failed to refresh immediately after expiry.
- Using ghe-migrator or exporting from GitHub.com, an export would silently fail to export non-image attachments.
- Pre-receive hook returned 500 error on web UI when UTF-8 characters were encountered.
- Signing out on Chrome was taking 30+ seconds when using a non-incognito browser.
- Leaving a comment in reply to a pull request comment was intermittently creating a pending pull request review.
ghe-license-usage command-line utility includes a new
--unencrypted option to provide visibility into the exported license usage file.
- On a freshly set up GitHub Enterprise Server without any users, an attacker could create the first admin user.
- Custom firewall rules aren't maintained during an upgrade.
- Subversion (SVN) checkout may timeout while the repository data cache is being built. In most cases, subsequent svn checkout attempts will succeed.
- Git LFS tracked files uploaded through the web interface are incorrectly added directly to the repository.
- Issues cannot be closed if they contain a permalink to a blob in the same repository where the file path is longer than 255 characters.
- Lines in gists are not selectable.
- When "Users can search GitHub.com" is enabled with GitHub Connect, issues in private and internal repositories are not included in GitHub.com search results.
The GitHub Team