The 2.17 series release notes contain important changes in this release series.
- HIGH: An attacker could inject potentially malicious options into Git sub-commands when executed on the server. This could allow an attacker to truncate existing files on the server or execute other unintended functionality of affected Git sub-commands. To exploit this vulnerability, an attacker would need permission to create a branch within a repository on the GitHub Enterprise Server instance. This vulnerability was reported through the GitHub Security Bug Bounty program.
- MEDIUM: GitHub App permissions could be incorrectly set by the user.
- Packages have been updated to the latest security versions.
- The database wouldn't automatically reconnect, which caused dependency graphs not to show on repositories.
- When creating an organization, name availability check wouldn't correctly display its URL.
- Using ghe-migrator or exporting from GitHub.com, an export would silently fail to export issue comments when a repository was archived.
- GitHub Enterprise Server was incorrectly using
firstname.lastname@example.org as the sender of notification emails in certain circumstances.
- GitHub app managers were able to access and manage applications for the organization after being removed from it.
- Comparing OAuth Access Tokens returned 404 Not Found error.
- Deleting a repository and its projects could delete other owned or accessible projects.
- When enabling a feature for GitHub Connect resulted in an error, users were not properly notified.
- Reduced memory utilization on GitHub Enterprise Server instances.
- On a freshly set up GitHub Enterprise Server without any users, an attacker could create the first admin user.
- Custom firewall rules aren't maintained during an upgrade.
- Subversion (SVN) checkout may timeout while the repository data cache is being built. In most cases, subsequent svn checkout attempts will succeed.
- Git LFS tracked files uploaded through the web interface are incorrectly added directly to the repository.
- Issues cannot be closed if they contain a permalink to a blob in the same repository where the file path is longer than 255 characters.
- Lines in gists are not selectable.
- When "Users can search GitHub.com" is enabled with GitHub Connect, issues in private and internal repositories are not included in GitHub.com search results.
The GitHub Team