The 2.17 series release notes contain important changes in this release series.
- Packages have been updated to the latest security versions.
- Site administrators could have two-factor authentication disabled via the Site Admin dashboard when two-factor authentication was enabled on the global enterprise account.
- On a freshly set up GitHub Enterprise Server without any users, an attacker could create the first admin user.
- Custom firewall rules aren't maintained during an upgrade.
- Subversion (SVN) checkout may timeout while the repository data cache is being built. In most cases, subsequent svn checkout attempts will succeed.
- Git LFS tracked files uploaded through the web interface are incorrectly added directly to the repository.
- Issues cannot be closed if they contain a permalink to a blob in the same repository where the file path is longer than 255 characters.
- Lines in gists are not selectable.
- When "Users can search GitHub.com" is enabled with GitHub Connect, issues in private and internal repositories are not included in GitHub.com search results.
The GitHub Team