The 2.18 series release notes contain important changes in this release series.
- Packages have been updated to the latest security versions.
- On appliances that send a lot of notifications, GitHub Enterprise opened too many connections to the configured email server which delayed delivery in certain cases.
- When a SAML Session expired before a form was submitted, users of Chrome would not be redirected to the SAML authentication workflow.
- Adjusted the amount of logging for the Alive service to reduce noise.
- On a freshly set up GitHub Enterprise Server without any users, an attacker could create the first admin user.
- Custom firewall rules are not maintained during an upgrade.
- Subversion (SVN) checkout may timeout while the repository data cache is being built. In most cases, subsequent Subversion checkout attempts will succeed.
- Git LFS tracked files uploaded through the web interface are incorrectly added directly to the repository.
- Issues cannot be closed if they contain a permalink to a blob in the same repository where the file path is longer than 255 characters.
- Issue, pull request, and project pages may not automatically update with changes from other users. (updated 2019-08-30)
- When "Users can search GitHub.com" is enabled with GitHub Connect, issues in private and internal repositories are not included in GitHub.com search results.
- Security alerts are not reported when pushing to a repository on the command line. (updated 2020-06-23)
The GitHub Team