The 2.18 series release notes contain important changes in this release series.
- SAML Authentication requests and Metadata were not strictly encoded, causing some Identity Providers to not correctly process Service Provider initiated Authentication requests.
- When using GitHub Connect, the GHES license sync process sent information that was not required.
ghe-migrator exports did not contain milestone users, which could break import operations.
- When viewing file changes in comparison views, long file paths were truncated in a way that emphasised the directory components, rather than the filename.
- On a freshly set up GitHub Enterprise Server without any users, an attacker could create the first admin user.
- Custom firewall rules are not maintained during an upgrade.
- Subversion (SVN) checkout may timeout while the repository data cache is being built. In most cases, subsequent Subversion checkout attempts will succeed.
- Git LFS tracked files uploaded through the web interface are incorrectly added directly to the repository.
- Issues cannot be closed if they contain a permalink to a blob in the same repository where the file path is longer than 255 characters.
- When "Users can search GitHub.com" is enabled with GitHub Connect, issues in private and internal repositories are not included in GitHub.com search results.
The GitHub Team