The 2.18 series release notes contain important changes in this release series.
- Packages have been updated to the latest security versions.
- After the license file was updated, services were not properly reloaded causing functionality loss.
- Internal API requests updating Dependency Graph information could fail if the response body was too large.
affiliations argument to some GraphQL repository connections was not respected.
- Automatic unsuspension of a user through SSO did not complete if the SAML email attribute had different casing than the GitHub user email.
- Restoring the membership of a user to an organization did not instrument the actor in webhook and audit log payloads.
- On a freshly set up GitHub Enterprise Server without any users, an attacker could create the first admin user.
- Custom firewall rules are not maintained during an upgrade.
- Subversion (SVN) checkout may timeout while the repository data cache is being built. In most cases, subsequent Subversion checkout attempts will succeed.
- Git LFS tracked files uploaded through the web interface are incorrectly added directly to the repository.
- Issues cannot be closed if they contain a permalink to a blob in the same repository where the file path is longer than 255 characters.
- When "Users can search GitHub.com" is enabled with GitHub Connect, issues in private and internal repositories are not included in GitHub.com search results.
- Security alerts are not reported when pushing to a repository on the command line. (updated 2020-06-23)
The GitHub Team