The 2.18 series release notes contain important changes in this release series.
- HIGH: The repository import functionality was vulnerable to a command injection issue when importing Mercurial repositories.
- Packages have been updated to the latest security versions.
- In a clustering environment, trying to add files to a repository using the web interface or pushing commits from the command line interface could fail.
- A 500 Internal Server Error could occur when creating a new organization.
- GitHub Apps were unable to modify GitHub Team memberships via the API.
- On a freshly set up GitHub Enterprise Server without any users, an attacker could create the first admin user.
- Custom firewall rules are not maintained during an upgrade.
- Subversion (SVN) checkout may timeout while the repository data cache is being built. In most cases, subsequent Subversion checkout attempts will succeed.
- Git LFS tracked files uploaded through the web interface are incorrectly added directly to the repository.
- Issues cannot be closed if they contain a permalink to a blob in the same repository where the file path is longer than 255 characters.
- When "Users can search GitHub.com" is enabled with GitHub Connect, issues in private and internal repositories are not included in GitHub.com search results.
- Security alerts are not reported when pushing to a repository on the command line. (updated 2020-06-23)
The GitHub Team