The 2.19 series release notes contain important changes in this release series.
- SAML Authentication requests and Metadata were not strictly encoded, causing some Identity Providers to not correctly process Service Provider initiated Authentication requests.
- When using GitHub Connect, the GHES license sync process sent information that was not required.
- When pushing to a Gist, an exception could be triggered during the post-receive hook.
- On a freshly set up GitHub Enterprise Server without any users, an attacker could create the first admin user.
- Custom firewall rules are not maintained during an upgrade.
- Git LFS tracked files uploaded through the web interface are incorrectly added directly to the repository.
- Issues cannot be closed if they contain a permalink to a blob in the same repository where the file path is longer than 255 characters.
- When pushing to a gist, an exception could be triggered during the post-receive hook.
- When "Users can search GitHub.com" is enabled with GitHub Connect, issues in private and internal repositories are not included in GitHub.com search results.
- Security alerts are not reported when pushing to a repository on the command line. (updated 2020-06-23)
The GitHub Team